Please help me with another try to eat 100% plant based!

hannibal1994

Hey there, i'm in dire need for low effort protein meals

About me:
  • currently doing rolling fasts so its a good opportunity to introduce new eating habits =)
  • difficult history with food, anorexia, bulimia, binging (i need to avoid high glycemic foods)
  • i don't do regular cooking, 10-15min max, even thats annoying
  • i hate seitan (this is a one point statement cause that shit is personal!! :D)
  • i cut out sugar, eggs, 90% of diary products, beans, too much whole grain, too much oats
What i already eat and will continue to eat:
  • 1-2 bananas
  • 2 kiwis
  • 2 carrots + sip of linseed oil
  • olives with garlic
  • some silver onions
  • sauerkraut (like a lot o_O 300-600g can happen)
  • some walnuts (just for omega 3, not enough for proteins)
  • magnesium, calcium, kalium, d3, b12 + multivitamin
  • if hungry = mango, melon, plums, blueberries, tangerines, etc etc.
  • 90g peanuts = 21g Protein
Stuff i need to change:
  • 125g salmon (27g protein) on protein full grain bread (3x 10g protein) = 57g P
  • 250g mozzerella (44g + bread 20g ) with some cucumber and lentil curry paste = 64g P
------------------- = 142g Protein

I often eat twice the amount of peanuts OR another mozzerella bread OR 2 sausages

------------------- = up to ca. 180g Protein

This is the only diet after 5 years of struggeling where i have almost 0 digestive problems, i feel great, i have energy, i am happy for the first time in a long long while.

Still something in me wants to eat vegan, but i know myself good enough to know that it will only work longterm if i don't feel like crap doing so.

Vegan alternatives:
  • double peanuts to 180g = 43g protein
  • 175g tofu (36 protein) maybe on protein bread with lentil curry like the mozzerella = 56g protein
  • 50g oats (7g protein) + 25g powder (20g protein) = 27g protein // gut often says nope
------------------- = 126g Protein

i would be really greatful for every advice/ alternative!, other critizism is welcome too, some tips for omega 3?, do i need to buy algae oil?

my problem with tofu is the same like with oats that i dont digest it really well, is it a longterm adaptation process? i ate oatmeal over years and cut more and more and felt better and better.

@hannibal1994 Is there a reason you don't eat vegetables?

You need to add some kale, spinach, broccoli, peas, brussel sprouts, bok Choi, etc.

Why no pasta or rice?

You could make some easy stir fries or pasta dishes if you cook a pot of rice and have it ready and in the fridge it is easy to stir fry some tofu and vegetables or make a curry or throw something together. Get a rice cooker to make it easy.

And if you are worried about protein, just get some vegan protein shakes.

You could also try HUEL meal replacements for easy and fast meals

@jebadoa This is interesting, will need to search the local supermarkets again, maybe in some alternative bio shop or somewhere.

This or soba it shall be, one noodle to rule them all!

@jebadoa Hi, I’m Vetted AI Bot! I researched the Explore Cuisine Organic Black Bean Spaghetti and I thought you might find the following analysis helpful.

Users liked:
* Pasta provides satisfying texture and neutral flavor (backed by 15 comments)
* Pasta is high in protein and filling (backed by 9 comments)
* Pasta is versatile and used in many dishes (backed by 11 comments)

Users disliked:
* Product contains soy, not black beans as advertised (backed by 5 comments)
* Product has unpleasant texture and taste (backed by 6 comments)
* Product is made in china, raising quality concerns (backed by 2 comments)

If you'd like to summon me to ask about a product, just make a post with its link and tag me, like in this example.

This message was generated by a (very smart) bot. If you found it helpful, let us know with an upvote and a “good bot!” reply and please feel free to provide feedback on how it can be improved.