[PROGRESS] 1 year recommended routine [M23/6'0/~162]

@mariejustice54 To get through the routine for most of the year you only need one pair of wooden rings, a place to hang them (one where you can use them low on the ground as well) and an elastic band. Later i added a weight belt and weights for pull ups and dips. For the start i bought some kind of dip bar as i was not strong enough for ring dips but i only used it for ~ 1 month and not again since then. If i would start again now, i would try to avoid buying it and use two chairs (or something similar) to get me strong enough for the rings.

@dawn16 One of the reasons i started the recommended routine is becouse i'm living at two different places (weekends and weekdays). So my gym setup is really just one pair of wooden rings which i do hang from a beam, an elastic band and later i added a weight belt and weights.
Depending where you are starting from, it might be beneficial to have a place to do standard dips but two chairs could help you out there.

@richard2014 steady and good work. the point of fitness is to not lose your life while doing it(if this isnt the only thing you have in your mind of course). You maybe could have had a bit more gains within a year but it was your first year so this year you'll go strong im sure .

@richard2014 very good approach. weighted pullups and dips are the best exercise imo.
also suggest investing in a pullup bar (if possible ofc). for me, i can train on bar more often, rings are heavier on the tendons so training on it 3+days a week can be harsh on the elbows.
i wish you good workouts in the future my man

@richard2014 Nice to know that you can make so much progress of just BWF. Im curious what your push up progression was like.

Right now i'm in a weird space where my front body is much stronger than my back. I can easily do 3 set of 10 (diamond pushups, and pike pushups). At the same time I can barely do 3 pull ups.

@grimsqueaker After diamond push ups i started doing normal ring push ups. For me it was similar to you with the back being weaker, i realized i didn't train my row-progression serious enough (it was at the end) and fixed that. So maybe focus a little more on your row progression, but i wouldn't stress it to much it will even out eventually.

Back