Says here that the farmer’s carry is a full-body workout. Can I just do farmer’s carries every day?

dinneratsix

I like doin em, I don’t like this other shit! The steps on the stairmaster at my gym don’t have enough y-axis for my long-ass feet, and I have other complaints, but I won’t bore you with them here. Let me know if nothing but farmer carry every day is a path towards success and wealth, I don’t see how the answer could be no, seeing as how they supposedly work out everything, but I’m open-minded.

@lisha If you do enough of them, you’ll be sore in places you never realized you were working. Try this workout and tell me how you feel after. 12 min workout. Each minute of the workout corresponds to the number of burpees that need to be completed in that minute.

1st minute: 1 burpee
2nd minute: 2 burpees
3rd minute: 3 burpees
12 minutes: 12 burpees

@lemar349 Is that what it was called? I did this at the start of an F45 workout, and as someone who is in pretty good shape, I wasn’t expecting it to be nearly as hard as it was. Ooophhh, this killed me. I was more sore the next morning than any other workout in a very long time.

@kimberlystambaugh No, but some similar idea. I think the coach had us do 1 pushup, 1 sit-up, 1 jumping jack, then 2 of each… up to sets of 12. I think we then came back down to one. He called it the dirty dozen

@dinneratsix No one exercise is going to train your whole body proportionately, or even actually train your full body at all. Farmers carry uses very little chest, lats and triceps compared to traps, biceps, forearms, legs and core.

Sorry to spoil your day but if you want a balanced body you have to train everything lol.

@999escape It doesn't even train most of those things well. Most things are trained isometrically, or through an extremely short range of motion, and many of these things at a very shortened position

@dinneratsix Farmers carry are a staple of my workout. I wouldn’t do nothing but those, but you can make them the nucleus of your workout. For example, I do everything from a 4 pound dumbbell in each hand up to 100+ pound dumbbells in each hand or even more using a trap bar. You can easily farmers walk and segue into walking lunges with a certain weight, goblet squats, walk for a while and do shoulder press, curls, walking wrist curls, walking front raises, bent over rows in an unused corner, maybe some RDLs, calf raises off a ledge… your imagination is the only limit!

You’ll constantly have to vary the weight you carry but farmers carry is my favorite thing and has yielded so many benefits. I’ll often do one long farmers carry and just make it a full body workout with very light to very heavy dumbbells. You’ll have to supplement some stuff like pull-ups and presses but if you’re real funky you can even do some floor press with the weights in your hands. Nice thing also: there’s usually at least one free pair of dumbbells and some walking space when everyone and their mom is lined up for a bench or squat rack.

Tl;dr - do farmers carry often, take every possible weight of dumbbell from their home on the rack and take them for a spin! Just supplement what you need; namely pressing and tricep isolation.