Science and Push-ups

@this_dot
While a push-up requires more activation of the core, it is not as easy to increase the activation of the primary muscle groups during this body weight exercise

1.So bench press is better if you want to develop your chest thans push ups, right?

2.So typical shoulder-width and wide push ups are nonsense (if someone is able to do all those kinds of push ups) if you want to train your triceps and chest (that's the reason why most of the people do push ups)?

push-up training induced similar increases in muscle thickness of the triceps and pectoralis major to the 40% 1RM bench press

So let's say that while doing push ups I lift 65% of my bw. So I lift 41 kg. 41 kg is 40% of my 1 RM bench press. So my 1 RM is 102 kg? I don't know this, but this seems too low for me.

My friend is 70 kg. So while doing push ups he lifts 45,5 kg. So his 1 RM on bench press is about 114 kg? It's not possible, cause he's weaker than me. That's what I know for sure.

Could you explain me this?

@this_dot I'm a bot, bleep, bloop. Someone has linked to this thread from another place on reddit:
[sup]If you follow any of the above links, please respect the rules of reddit and don't vote in the other threads.[/sup] [sup](Info[/sup] [sup]/[/sup] [sup]Contact)[/sup]