Seeking gossip (no but like real CrossFit gossip)

@stthomaschristian So I have a lifting instagram page which quite a few people at my box follow. Most of the men I train with are married or in long term relationships.

Recently I had a fake page made of me promoting only fans content which I don't do. I literally had some of the men at my box message me saying they wished it had been real and stuff, these are the same men that are either married with kids or in long term relationships, it's disgusting and tbh puts me off training with them.

@stthomaschristian I'm moving, so I have to abandon my current box (good people, excellent coaches, lovely eye candy) and find a new box. Much sadness, though there is certainly a possibility of delicious new drama.

@stthomaschristian Old boxs’ owner and beloved member were dating long time and called it quits, owner started dating another member shortly after and said member was always a shit talker and polarizing person and they are such a cringe couple and it’s making everyone uncomfy because it feels like owner is overcompensating/trying to push the relationship. I think it’s gonna crash and burn.

@winman I'm about to transition to a gym from my garage and plan on going to the 5am or 6am class. I breathed a sigh of relief when I read this. I want 0 drama lol

@stthomaschristian Gym owner vanished.

The previous box owner had left and the box was taken over by the BJJ teacher who was giving his classes in the same building.

The coaches were the ones actually running the box so it went well for a while even tho there wasn’t a lot of members so we guessed the finances were not great.

One day we all realise that our membership fee has been charged twice on our accounts. People send facebook messages to the owner who blames it on a mistake from the bank and posts on the box’s Facebook group that we’re all a bunch of ungrateful jerks and that the extra charge will be refunded.

And then he disappears.

Deletes his Facebook.

No longer answers calls or messages.
No longer shows up at the box or his BJJ classes.

And of course we were not refunded.
The coaches keep it going for 2 months, because they’re the best.

And then they make a Facebook video explaining that they can’t keep going because they’re not being paid.

BJJ teacher is still not answering anyone but is still alive since he’s still communicating with the landlord and is apparently trying to sell the box (Which is now in serious debt since the rent and the coaches haven’t been paid for a while)

@stthomaschristian 2 stories of the past few months.

Gym I go to has a younger leaning population in a neighborhood in a city. The last member appreciation meet up was at the bar across the street from the gym and the first hour was paid for by the gym. As you can imagine it was basically a free for all for that hour and most did not make it. Of the many stories I heard there was allegedly a small orgy that occurred at one of the coaches houses after.

The other story is that the gym has 24/7 access so plenty use it after hours. The gym also has locker rooms. I was there later one night and walked in on a couple have shower sex in the men’s locker room.

@stthomaschristian I am always a little surprised by all the clique and gossip posts on here.

I have been going to my gym for eight years, five days a week.

I know the people in my 6AM class, a few of the people in the 5AM and some people in other classes whom I know from outside of Crossfit (e.g. kids are friends, knew them prior)

On Saturdays I go at 7:30, which is the early class and it's mostly people from the 5am and 6am classes (we are early risers)

We talk at the gym, when we see each other, but that is about it. There are a couple of guys around my age from the gym I get together with for a beer every few months, but we are all older (55+) and at a similar stage in life.

I would not be surprised to learn that there were cliques and all sorts of drama with some of the younger members who go in the afternoon/evening, but I really don't know most of them.

Are your gyms on different schedules that everyone knows everyone else? Are there a lot of gym-wide social events? Are most of the members younger - under 30 or even under 40?

I do not doubt it is a real thing--there are certainly enough posts about it, but curious how it plays out.

Back