Sports Bras w closures?

@asker These are sleeper hits. I have two Yvette bras I got from Amazon and they're great, though it felt silly buying a "sexy running bra" with some pretty hilarious Chinese-to-English translation descriptions ("keep girls not shaking through cool-max professional fabrics and designs!" lol).

@silvershark I had good luck with Shock Absorber bras. They actually come in band and cup sizes (not SML) and I think make some with fasteners (though mine are all pretty old so not sure!)

@marafig I'm annoyed at Shock Absorber at the moment. I just repurchased 4 bras online in the exact same size and style I had purchased twice before, and the new ones are obviously much larger in band size. I can deal with variation between brands and even between styles in a brand, but this is ridiculous!

@silvershark Fellow wide-shoulder person here. I don't have this exact bra, but I have some older zip-front bras from Under Armour that have held up for YEARS. They are comfortable, supportive, and not overly padded or compressive to the point of being suffocating. This is the most similar one I could find on their website right now, and it looks like it has thinner molded cups versus padding. Also comes in bra sizes and adjustable straps :)

@kjrambo I have a few of the older style and I have this new one you linked also. I love them all. I’m a 34DD and a runner for reference, and I think they are great. They have a little secret hook under the zipper just in case the zip comes down, it will keep the bra together and that feature saved me a few times.

@kjrambo +1. I have quite a few of the Under Armour high impact sports bras that I've had for years and they're great! I have one front zip and 3 back clasp ones and they're the best sports bras I've had

@kjrambo I second this bra. I have only one and I'm dying to get more. I'm wide shouldered and a 34-36B.

Edit: It feels tight the first time you put it on, but once you get moving, it relaxes a lot and molds to you.

@kjrambo Yes yes yes!!! I was just about to recommend an under armour front zip! I love mine & it's so good for high impact workouts.

@silvershark Of course! :) I also see a few other recommendations for Victoria's Secret bras. One of my old favorites was from them, it was a molded-cup bra with no pads and a back clasp. Super supportive and very high quality, firm material. It held up through TONS of wear and I only just got rid of it because it's too big for me now (still looks brand new). If you can find a style with no padding I'd recommend giving it a shot just based on my experience with that bra :)

@kjrambo I feel like every sports bra on the market has pads right now! I just pull them out. I’ve got two plain VS ones, pulled the pads out and now they are my faves.

@silvershark Honestly, surprisingly Victoria’s Secret has some nice ones. They have molded cups but no padding so it’s great support. I have two front closure ones that have lasted me years now.

@cahutsell I’m embarrassed to say have (had) a Victoria’s Secret sports bra from 2013 that I just threw out today. It was an incredible sports bra. If I hadn’t lost weight and boobs, it’d still be in my collection. 10/10 recommend

Back