Started CrossFit two months ago! Ran a mile without stopping today for the first time in my entire life!

rgw00

I know it’s a small milestone but I’m so excited about this. Also “my entire life” is just 25 years, but I’ve always said how much I hate running and that I’d rather walk for 45 minutes than run for 5.

The last time we ran a mile about a month ago I stopped so many times and felt sick afterwards. This time I didn’t stop at all and felt great afterwards. It’s amazing seeing and feeling progress 😭

@rgw00 It's an amazing feeling when you hit those targets. It's what I love about CrossFit. I was obese and my family has a history of heart disease. My Dr sent me for a stress test for my ticker and this was a few months after I started CrossFit and dropped the weight. The technician asked me if I was a runner because he kept turning up the speed on the treadmill to get my heartrate in the range he needed. Absolutely no training at long distance running but when you're busting your guts for 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week that translates into so much more.

@rgw00 Great job! I think it's important to celebrate all milestones even if they're small. That helps you stay motivated!

I could never run more than about a mile before I started Crossfit and it's helped me so much with my endurance. I'm not fast, but I can run 4 miles now!

@rgw00 You can do it! Breathing and pace are key. I want to develop the ability to run 3-4 miles without being totally exhausted afterwards haha.

@rgw00 Wow thats amazing! Don't diminish your accomplishments, it sounds like it means a lot to you! Be proud of yourself, you have so many reasons to be just that: proud :)

@rgw00 Congrats, that isn't small at all! Every milestone is worth celebrating! Just recently, I discovered that I can actually see my triceps when I flex them now and, even though to some people that's not weird or important at all, for me that was a huge huge thing. Keep crushing those goals!