Study: Back Squat produces better glute growth than hip thrust

@dawn16 There's nothing wrong with women wanting that, but it does bug me that this is the aesthetic ideal we're all held up to. "Muscle is sexy! Only on your butt though, make sure you're tiny everywhere else."

@emilycarter I think unless you have surgery on your ass, its very difficult to only build muscles on your butts and completely disengage any other muscles being used during "butt-focused" workouts. its kinda like spot reducing, you cant selectively remove fat, and in the same principle, you cant 100% isolate a muscle to do a bodily movement...well maybe you could i don't know...butt...

...I've yet to see a fitness coach/model/trainer who only trains the glutes but is tiny everywhere else.

@dawn16 I'm not saying it's easily achievable (and I agree it usually requires surgery even though we're all told that we can get it via weightlifting), I'm referencing the comment above saying that people want "big ass and demure everything else." You said there's nothing wrong with women wanting that, and I said that I agree, but I am frustrated that it's the aesthetic expectation. The fact that it's so unrealistic just makes it even more frustrating.

(edited to clarify)