Taking the L for Halloween

monicachere

The only thing scary this Halloween is the amount of candy I’ve been eating. Not sure if anyone else is a fully functional adult, or at least pretends to be like me, who has no self control with candy. I partook yesterday and I fully relate to the sugar being an addiction sentiment. I can’t have just one, like an alcoholic with beer. One leads to fully on choco binge and after two days of thousands of calories worth of candy my body hates me. I fee sluggish, almost threw up in pilates this morning, and man do I have some weird poops.

Hoping I’m not the only one having a Halloween/holiday healthy lifestyle relapse. Hoping 11/1 is a reset back on track!

@monicachere I bought one bag of fun size candy bars for my pumpkin container and then proceeded to eat the whole bag in the next week. How could I just have 1 piece when there’s like 4 different flavors?! I have to have 1 of each!

@sacm Canadian Thanksgiving is in October, so we get a double whammy.

We don’t get any trick or treaters, so I have 0 chocolate in the house. But the pumpkin pie was totally worth it!

@karrose Yum yum! I always say calories don't count if you enjoy it. Can't wait for my slice of pumpkin pie. 😋

Happy belated Thanksgiving to you!

@monicachere I don’t even bring candy home anymore because I will eat it all very quickly. We give out toys and small items like flash lights. The kids love it and no left over candy.

@monicachere I 100% ate the chocolate and pizza (work party) and have zero guilt. Today is a new day and I didn’t derail my body or my progress with one day. These events are going to happen in life and part of living a healthy life is enjoying them - that’s what makes health sustainable in the long term! So yeah, I’m on the team who ate all the candy yesterday (and the day before lol)

@monicachere I had a fun pack of sour patch kids and even logged it 🤣

Honestly the Hershey type chocolate is horrible and I keep telling myself to save the calories for better tasting quality chocolate. Seemed to help.

@monicachere I have the biggest sweet tooth and it's so hard for me to stay away from sweets. I'll allow myself one purchase a month for sweets because it's the easiest way to keep myself in check. If it's in the house and it's sweet you bet I will devour it.

@monicachere Honestly I eat chocolate basically daily, but a small portion. I’m a snob about it too so it’ll be fancy stuff with a fancy price tag. Compared to what I enjoy regularly, I don’t find the mass marketed holiday candies very tempting at all. Valentine’s sometimes gets me a little because people who know me well get me nicer chocolate, but that’s not the worst problem to have.

Back