Training like mike mentzer

lonilsny

I train like mike mentzer now but i feel that 4 days between each workout is crazy as by doing so i target the same muscle each 14 days i feel l like i am losing my gains so can i train a day and take a day-off or should i train like he exactly did.
Ps: i feel recovered completely from the workout after 1 or 2 days max

@doks …or, addicted to meth, and high out of your mind when you’re trying to come up with the best methods on how to train.

@doks So i am currently making gains on a Mentzer program, not the same one as OP - but what is with the hate for HIT? every time i see people hating on HIT saying it is a cult yet the same cult like behaviour is done by the advocates of high volume too.

Literally do not understand it lmao

@doks Where did i say you where a high volume advocate? I responded to your fucking comment because i agreed people at the extremes can be culty on both ends yet i only see people say HIT is culty. I said i wa scurrently trying HIT and do not get the beef between high vol and HIT...

@lonilsny Stop following TikTok trends. Mike liked to give himself 4 days of rest because that is when he needed those days as his meth binges. I can’t see how anyone can get big by working out once a week lmao

@lovinghusbandforever That split is what I used back in the early 80's. Usually 2 sets per exercise (some 1 set). I loved his Heavy Duty booklets from that period. His later training recommendations in the late 80's and 90's seemed to go a little over the top.

Back