Video:42 YR Old Tactical-Barbell Athlete Does Apex Hills with the Beast (x-post /r/tacticalbarbell)

griffin71

A little inspiration for those of us that are slightly older.
42 year old Tactical Barbell athlete (/r/tacticalbarbell) and college professor /@littlemisssunshine05-Madd does Apex Hills for 15 rounds with the Beast. Apex is typically done with a much shorter sprint and a steeper hill. J-Madd's run is about 100 meters + on a more gradual slope. That long of a run isn't recommended for first timers

Apex Hills = hill sprints + kettlebell swings at the top. One of the most brutal HICs in TB2, usually done with a light KB to start. Tests your aerobic/anaerobic capacity, strength, SE, mental toughness and sheer testicular fortitude.

Here's a video provided by J-Madd doing Apex with the dreaded 48kg kettlebell - aka "The Beast." For 15 rounds. He's done 20 in the past, but decided to take it easy and do 'just' 15 on this particular day. I'll add that I asked J-Madd do the video, he's not the bragging type.

Great job Jim,

Madden Apex Hills Pt. 1

Madden Apex Hills Pt. 2

Madden Apex Hills Pt. 3

@griffin71 This is mighty impressive. I struggle with hill sprints and beast swings individually and can't imagine combining them. As an older dude myself, this is definitely inspiring.