What’s your TDEE? What do you for fitness?

@senni I am old. Mine seems to be about 1450. After doing the housework and getting the children outside every day. I don't think my joints can take any more exercise.

If a 2000 calorie person can cut 25%. And lose at a healthy rate. It seems perfectly reasonable that I should be able to cut 25% as well. While still meeting macros and micros.

hence 1200 (or less). but I think if you are young and can tolerate more exercise, having a higher calorie limit seems reasonable.

@senni Sedentary maintenance for me is 2000ish, because I'm pretty overweight. Strong fat, but still fat. Working on it.

My TDEE varies wildly because I'll get 10+ miles of cardio on days I'm really feeling it and not even hit 10k steps on a different day.

And then I lift, which is tricky to quantify calorie burn on.

I also do about one maintenance hike a week with a heavy pack so I'm used to it, and that detail is lost on my step counter.

@senni This video really helped me:

Long story short, I eat at my goal weight x12 (which is more than enough calories for me), focus on hitting my protein goal, and do strength training. I hope to ultimately put on put on muscle so my TDEE can be even higher.

@senni I fluctuate between 2300-2600 depending on what physical exercise I’m focused on at the time. Edit. 26F 125lbs desk job with moderate to high activity

More people should track in a tdee spreadsheet calculator. Way too many people here are convinced their tdee is 1200 and that’s just not likely.

@senni My stats are very similar! I’m 4’11 and my TDEE is about 2000-2200. I lift weights, walk, and do yoga. My full time job is a desk job, my part time job (usually just one day a week) is active.

@senni Wow this gives me hope that I can eat more than 1200kcal. I'm also 4'11 and tbh, I don't count calories as it is scary. I'm not as active as you but I follow Caroline Girvan's prog and I have a very active job. I will start counting and if I can even eat 1800, I'll be a happy girl

@senni I'm 5'2, 128lb, early 30s. According to MacroFactor my TDEE is ~1800.

My weekly workouts: 2-3 hrs strength training (dumbbells at home), 1-2 hrs indoor spin. Lately I'm trying to get ~7k steps daily.

Back