What should I wear to the gym as a overweight man 5’9 270

@e%CA%8Da%CA%80t%C9%A8%D5%BC So idk how large you are, but something that I recommend is a really long shirt. Mine rides up a lot when I'm exercising and the shorter ones are really annoying to deal with. I like thick shirts (not a popular opinion) because it helps to hide what I look like underneath and also dark shirts because they help to hide sweat spots. I recommend bringing a towel and also making sure to wipe your equipment down. If you show common gym courtesy, nobody is going to care what you look like. Doesn't mean we won't be self conscious about it though :) I get it bro

@e%CA%8Da%CA%80t%C9%A8%D5%BC Best workout attire is loose fitting clothes and tennis shoes. I usually wear a t-shirt and gym shorts. I particularly like Under Armor as they have great comfortable clothes that fit me well. It's best not to compare yourself to others in the gym (easier said than done, I know). Many of these people have been there working out for years. But, the biggest thing to focus on is that every time you step into the gym, you're winning! you're taking 1 step closer to your fitness goals, and you should be really f'ing proud of that in itself. Great job!!!

@e%CA%8Da%CA%80t%C9%A8%D5%BC If you get anything from Amazon make sure to get at least one size larger than what you would normally go for. My experience has been everything in my expected size other than shorts adidas, under armor, super tight. Or get the try first then buy feature

@e%CA%8Da%CA%80t%C9%A8%D5%BC Hey friend,

I would get a pair of comfortable athletic shoes for the gym. There are specialized shoes for different things (lifting, running, etc) but I have been going to the gym regularly for over a decade and have always just done regular running sneakers.

For your clothes, wear something you feel comfortable to sweat in. Most men at my gym wear athletic shorts and a t shirt

@e%CA%8Da%CA%80t%C9%A8%D5%BC I’m 5’10” 330 lbs, I wear what makes me feel comfortable. I bought gym clothes that fit, tank tops, shirt, short & pants. Regardless of shirt that I wear, my stomach shows. I just put my head up, fix my clothes and continue to improve my body. Your focus should be on improving yourself.

@e%CA%8Da%CA%80t%C9%A8%D5%BC Look into calesthenics, it's a great way to get in shape with little equipment and your apparel doesn't matter. There are progressions to every exercise to get you to your goals.

Good luck man, your gonna do great. Keep at it and stay positive, there will be speed bumps but in time you'll have a body where you'll be disappointed you have to wear a shirt at the gym!