What should I wear to the gym as a overweight man 5’9 270

@e%CA%8Da%CA%80t%C9%A8%D5%BC It's great that you are starting this program! Lots of good advice given so far. Suggest a t shirt that does cover your booty for the bending over involved with the workouts. Also, a small towel might help if you are uncomfortable with how much you might sweat. You will see how little everyone will notice or care!

@e%CA%8Da%CA%80t%C9%A8%D5%BC Anyone who is a big enough dbag to scowl or scoff at you because you're a thicc boi is not gonna care if you're in a duck costume or in the coolest gym outfit ever. Wear what's comfy. If you start to really enjoy the process, upgrade as you go.

And imo, Amazon has plenty of random small online stores for gym clothes. Cheaper than the Nike's of the world. Just tough because you can't try it on first.

@e%CA%8Da%CA%80t%C9%A8%D5%BC First step- Don't go buying out the entire Nike outlet store. Wear something comfy at first and then adjust as necessary. If that's new shoes, shorts, or shirts then so be it. Have a goal, a plan to attain that goal, and do it one step at a time whether that's walking, running, or lunging.
You Got This!

@e%CA%8Da%CA%80t%C9%A8%D5%BC Wear something comfy, not restrictive and cool. Realize that you're probably going to sweat a lot (I spent a lot of time trying to lose 50 pounds (but slowly) and I sweated less as I lost the fat). Don't worry about what you wear, concentrate on getting there regularly and being healthy. Congratulations on the decision to work out. Some days are easier than others getting to the gym but push through. It gets easier the better you start to feel.

Back