What tape do you use when on the bars (e.g., for toes to bar)

churchboy234

My palms are torn from the other day and instead of buying gloves I was hoping there is a tape out there that I could buy to cover the tear until it heals?

Maybe this is a dumb question and gloves are the answer. Just wondering if there are alternatives you like to use?

@viceroy63 With hockey tape the black stains and gets black glue gunk everywhere. You can get black linen tape that's a lot less gooey but hockey tape is extra sticky. White hockey tape is better for that if you're using hockey tape specifically.

@churchboy234 Have used Frog Tape on fingers and thumbs and with some padding over rips when hands are torn.

We have also made gymnastics type grips out of regular old elastoplast type strapping tape, (mostly pre gymnastics grips being widely available to buy) you can make them to fit that way and they are somewhat more flexible than traditional grips.

@churchboy234 Someone mentioned Wod & Done which is essentially kinesiotape “KT Tape” which is what I used to use back in the day when comps were handing it out like crazy like prizes. Much cheaper to buy a roll and cut finger holes with scissors than the pre-cut finger versions. Also worked for reducing wrist tears on false grip muscle ups.

I also like BearGrips (different than Bear Complex) gymnastic grips which are much thinner suede. I’d never like gymnastic grips (which always felt really bulky) until I tried the Titanium ones they had…they are a thin red suede with a carbon fiber pattern.

@churchboy234 Bear Complex grips, I've had mine for over a year and they are still pretty new looking. I also tend to blister my thumbs so I started using pet flex tape. It has the exact same texture as some of the thumb tapes and I can get it way cheaper, plus I had a bunch to use up from my cat's surgery.