What's something you wish you started doing sooner/knew earlier in your fitness journey?

@dawn16 This is it for me too. My gains are held back when I don't pay enough attention to the quality of my movements. My form suffers so I suffer. Mobility training is helping so much.

@dawn16 It sounds like you may want to take a look at what your eating in terms of macros and calories and how you exercise to see if they align with your goal.

Excess calories, insufficient strength training = optimal fat gain, some muscle gain

Excess calories, sufficient protein and fats sufficient strength training = optimal gain of muscle , some fat gain

Deficit calories, insufficient strength training = loss of fat and muscle, ie “skinny fat”

Deficit calories, sufficient protein and fats, strength training = loss of fat, optimal retaining of muscle (which is usually what people are looking for when they say they want to look “toned” and need to lose weight)

Add cardio to any of these in order to eat more calories at the same loss/gain rate, or to speed up the rate itself without eating more.

Back