Whey Protein Substitute

@remas Every ~6 months I start drinking whey for a week and get half a dozen deep pimples within that week. W/o whey I get zero acne.

I'm not a teenager anymore so I'd rather not have acne if I don't need to. Also I'm kind of oblivious when it comes to listening to my body, so there's probably other negatives too if it's known i don't digest it well.

@bridgette26 I’m lactose sensitive and can’t do whey either. I recently just switched to carnivor beef protein isolate off Amazon and like it. Decent tasting, no gas issues, price is pretty good. I’d recommend it.

@bridgette26 I would swerve the liquid meals and concentrate on getting high quality protein in through proper meals x6 a day
Eg
Eggs x6 breakfast
Oats and milk shake

Tuna and rice

Chicken and rice

Baked potato and lean minced beef etc

@bridgette26 Pea protein itself is low in a key amino acid, you need to use a blended vegan protein to get comparable results to whey. You might also want to increase the dose a little bit to make up for a lower bioavailability in plant sources. some folks do notice that symptoms dissapear with much higher grade whey, such as HWPI, have you tried that approach?

However I am greatly concerned at the scope of the difference you claim this has made - a 20% reduction. Normally this is wildly beyond the scope of what can be expected by a change in protein intake. I think something else has changed or gone wrong alongside the protein change, and I think you may benefit greatly from getting a qualified nutritionist on board.

Back