Which workout videos have you enjoyed lately?

warpur

Being stuck at home, I figure some of us have turned to workout videos on Youtube. I'm always looking for good ones to do next, so let's share!

Here are some of the ones I've done lately:

1. Brutal HIIT Ladder Workout from Fitness Blender
  • Difficulty: 5/5. This was a hard workout, would recommend if you're used to doing HIIT. My calves were sore the day after.
  • Enjoyability: 5/5. Despite the difficulty, it was a lot of fun! I was smiling through the pain lol. Pacing was excellent too -- a short but effective workout.
  • Apartment-friendliness: 0/5. Lots of jumping and burpees w/ no modifications for noise reduction.
  • No equipment necessary
2. 20 Minute Home HIIT Workout from Natache Oceane
  • Difficulty: 4/5. Doable, but may be difficult for newbies (my mom had to tap out).
  • Enjoyability: 4/5. Great pacing, but I didn't love all the exercises, ie. there were some where I didn't "feel the burn."
  • Apartment-friendliness: 5/5. Specifically designed to be apartment-friendly.
  • No equipment necessary
3. Full Body Follow-Along Workout from Whitney Simmons
  • Difficulty: 4.5/5. Even Whitney had to take a break at a couple of points. But most exercises are presented alongside modifications, so people w/ varying levels of fitness could do this video together.
  • Enjoyability: 5/5: Definitely a long workout (40 mins), but paced well. All the exercises made sense and were easy to follow.
  • Apartment-friendliness: 5/5. Specifically designed to be apartment-friendly.
  • There are modifications for bodyweight, but I'd recommend doing this video with dumbbells or resistance bands.

@warpur PS thank you for rating these. whenever i do a random one on a new site, i keep fast forwarding to see if it’s going to be challenging enough

@warpur grokker!

i’ve been enjoying live classes with instructors from my gym. they’re all teaming up to do Zoom, IGTV, etc. a few are on subscription sites, youtube and so on.

i feel so lucky to have taken their classes IRL. they/i admit that they have to take it down a little if they’re on a subscription site or doing some live. also, the new ones are out of consideration for people who don’t have equipment.

ok so anyway, grokker fitness is fun! it’s been free since the first day of ‘stay at home’ and will be for another month or so.

PM me if you want access/details on some great programs, classes, and live zoom workouts from Equinox gym instructors.

@warpur I’ve been enjoying the HIIT workouts on Self’s YouTube channel! They’re all about 30 min and tell you exactly what the exercises are before the warmup starts. They’re well produced and the instructors are great :)

@warpur I see people put up HASFit and Popsugar Fitness already. Those channels have deep archives with huge variety.

The other great YouTube channels I follow are: Nourish Move Love, Gymra and Bodyfit by Amy.

Nourish Move Love is so challenging. This workout is a particular killer. It is a pyramid sequence of strength and cardio moves.

Gymra just has large variety. They put out multiple videos a week and they are especially good for rest days or days when you don’t want to use weights.

Bodyfit By Amy is good for it’s diversity of exercises. She also is really good at showing modifications.

Also, Nourish Move Love and Bodyfit by Amy are both classes led by women who continues to teach and post throughout their pregnancies. They are badass. Popsugar Fitness’s director did this as well. This is hugely motivating. They show strong mature women preserving. I’m into it.

@warpur Another I haven't seen mentioned is the Gymra channel. It's a little more bare-bones, not a lot of distracting music (which I prefer) and different trainers to choose from.

Different intensity levels too- there are some that are "meh" and others that felt like absolute murder.

@warpur So not a workout video per se, but mkik808 on Instagram has a dance party at 5pm every day and it is just such a ray of light. I work up a little bit of a sweat and the moving for fun feels so great after being trapped in the house all day. Highly recommend as a compliment to any other strength/cardio routines :)

@warpur I've been doing Yoga with Kassandra's 10 min morning challenge every day this week and have been loving it! I think this is the first 30 day yoga challenge I've actually followed every day.

@warpur Thank you for the recommendations! Just tried the Natache Oceane HIIT workout. As a beginner, I couldn't really keep up with her pace (out of shape + worried about my form etc) but it definitely worked up a sweat.

Personally, I've been loving the more fun / dance workouts by PopSugar and Keaira Lashae. Might be a bit too simple for the pros here but definitely a fun way to start exercising - even my sisters (who haaaate working out) love doing the dance workouts.

@warpur I've been doing a lot of blogilates mostly as a supplement to my own programming, my newest is her splits stretching video which literally gave me hamstring DOMS because I'm so inflexible.

@warpur Thanks for the recommendations! I did a fitnessblender HIIT video and they are no joke!! I admire you for smiling through it. I was cursing at that poor girl when she announced "last exercise: jump squats!"

I was checking out the Whitney Simmons workout, wondering whether to give it a try or not (getting a bit bored of my current routine) and you've convinced me!

I love Natacha Oceane, but got to agree with you. Her HIIT videos actually feel easier than Fitnessblender's. I think it's because some of the moves are so complex I'm quite slow in executing them, and therefore my heart rate goes down.

Keep the recommendations coming! Love the idea of this post

@warpur The Body Project has heaps of videos, I go back to their 'Advanced HIIT' workout again and again. Their videos include a proper warm up and cool down if you want to do zero thinking.

@desiney +1!! PSA, they have great beginner workouts with different body types/modified excercises.

The host also keeps telling you to take a break when necessary. I’m a beginner so it’s great to hear that instead of „come on, don’t be lazy, pull through at any cost“

@warpur I've been doing bodyweight exercises from Nike training videos. I like that I can see in advance what exercises are in each video. They glute / hip strength ones have been really useful for my runners knees.

Back