Why am I so muscular but not that strong?

@daughterofaking I have the same issue but I think we just overrated ourselves. Keep working and the strength will come.

Seeing your workout I wouldn't call your weak anyway, specially for how little time you have been working out.

@daughterofaking I wouldn't compare yourself to other people. There are SO many factors like limb lengths, muscle insertions, fiber types, and more sorts of things that we can't see that you're basically always going to be comparing apples to oranges.

Just note your own progress and see how that's improving. It'll make the journey much more fun!

@jermyn SpunkyDred is a terrible bot instigating arguments all over Reddit whenever someone uses the phrase apples-to-oranges. I'm letting you know so that you can feel free to ignore the quip rather than feel provoked by a bot that isn't smart enough to argue back.

[sup][sup]SpunkyDred[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]and[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]I[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]are[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]both[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]bots.[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]I[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]am[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]trying[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]to[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]get[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]them[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]banned[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]by[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]pointing[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]out[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]their[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]antagonizing[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]behavior[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]and[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]poor[/sup][/sup] [sup][sup]bottiquette.[/sup][/sup]

@tristiannicole As a struggling cookie eater myself, I agree with this analysis. Losing a bit of weight has helped (but I have a long way to go.) On the plus side, you're training with a heavier body weight now. So once the weight comes off, you'll see big benefits from being used to hauling so much more heft around.

Adding sustained cardio into my routine and watching my diet has helped me a lot already.

@daughterofaking It’s because you’re still a beginner, You’re Comparing Strength Based adaptations To Skills
Which Take Time And Consistency.

Weeks, Months, Years

Stop comparing yourself to others, I know a dude that can do muscle ups Easy.
Doesn’t practice Them, Doesn’t Train Consistently.
But Is Super Low Bodyweight and Has Good limb leverages.
Everyone has BioMechanical Advantages and disadvantages.
Unfortunately, He Can Barely Put On Weight.
And Any Mass.

But muscle mass doesn’t determine strength, It’s Just a byproduct Of Hypertrophy.

Past 5 workouts lmao
Just wait till you Plateau for months on end.
I get the frustration but my man.
You got a long ride to go.

Also where is your serious shoulder work

And if you consistently Run The Same Routine, You’re Gonna Run Into To Quite a Bit Of OverUse.
I hope you’re doing different variations every so often.

Better work them legs to.

@daughterofaking Idk I’m fat but strong I’ve seen many dudes who look strong but have very little functional strength. Used to work sound engineering and rigging. Now strict weightlifting I wouldn’t do good lol

@daughterofaking The real question I have are why are you in a bulk while doing this?

I'd go for light cut with high protein moderate carb yield to lessen fat mass while maintaining strength increase. A bulk seems counter intuitive to progression at this point because you're adding 2 types of weight to your body to try to move and control in your workouts.

Also don't be too hard on yourself if you just took 8 months off... I mean.. I lose 10-20% power output after a 2 week break. It takes me a week or 2 to regain strength from that atrophy. So after 8 months, your muscle has definitely gone through some losses, even if you threw in workouts every now and again.

"The difference between knowledge and skill is practice. The difference between Skill and Mastery is time." Just keep at it. And maybe not try to Bulk too much, it's probably bogging you down.

@rabih Thanks for your reply. I've got to realize that progressing in bodyweight skills is gonna be slower at a heavier weight and that I've only just started back up again. Patience is key!

@daughterofaking Lol can’t commend on you but a bit about myself

Can do 20 pull ups, 182cm, 65kg, long arms

Started calisthenics 3 months ago with the above requisite, got L sit first two weeks, kip straight knee muscle up in next four weeks, now 6 weeks into planche/front lever, at advanced tuck for both

Humbling tbh, always thought I was athletic skinny, yet I’m prob months away front full PL planche

Keep it up and don’t give up!!