Women’s question for workout shorts

gertlush

Are there any bike short style shorts and/or leggings you especially like for CrossFit that are comfortable without underwear? Or favorite shorts that have a built in brief? Can’t do g-string/thong bc of bacteria transfer (I’m at higher risk, it’s a personal thing). I generally wear Patagonia active hipsters under whatever workout shorts, but just interested in alternatives.

@blueblur777 Immediately came here to recommend CVG, I love these shorts and have slowly replaced every single pair of bottoms and sports bras in my closet with their products. FYI I find the 5" shorts to be the shortest I can go for CrossFit as a 5'8" lady without obnoxious thigh rubbing! They end up being the perfect 'bike short' length - just below where my thighs touch so they don't roll up or move, but short enough that they look nice. I also have a variety of capris and ankle-length styles for the colder months.

Also - I just checked my order history for this comment, and I realized that most of my pairs of shorts were bought back in 2021. Even my newer pairs were bought in Oct 2022, and I workout every single day, wash after every wear, and living in Texas - l put my shorts through a LOT. Every single pair is in great condition, I can't think of any signs of wear at all. TBH I feel like I really should reward myself with a few new pairs for this! They also have a lot of sales, although it's worth it to get some of their basics as well.

@gertlush I like the Lululemon Wunder Train 8 inch short. Light colors do show sweat so if this bothers you, i would stick with darker colors. Material is light and I have also found it durable for CrossFit. Sweat dries very quickly. They come in regular fit as well as contour fit for curvier builds with a bigger difference between hips and waist. They also have different inseams lengths but I like the 8 inch longer inseam because I sometimes experience the legs riding up with a shorter inseam. Hem hits be below biggest part of my thighs and keeps the hem down.

@gertlush I don’t wear underwear. I just put on the Nike Pros and go. The other option I use are the BOA running shorts. DM me and I’ll show you what they look like. All summer (for the most part) those are my friends because they are light and airy.

@gertlush Fleo shorts are my absolute favorite and I don’t typically wear underwear with them unless it’s that time of the month. They barely ride up and they are SO soft

@gertlush My favorite shorts are the Lululemon Hotty Hot lined shorts - I have both the older 2.5in inseam and the newer 4in inseam and I like both the high and low rise.

My favorite leggings are ColorfulKoala leggings from Amazon and I wear a medium (5’5, 135-140lbs, built to squat)

Back