X-post from /r/fitness: 5 Month Transformation

@lawranick I started going to the gym after losing about 20 lbs. From 135 to 115. And I realised I still wasn't happy with how I looked. So to the gym I went. I started with stronglifts 5x5 because that is what my SO was doing. Turns out there was a powerlifting club at the gym and I was encouraged to join by one of the trainers. Now I lift on a program called Sheiko, it's intense but really rewarding. In the 8 months I've been lifting seriously I have joined the 500 lbs club for my lifts the combined PR for squat, bench, deadlift. Which is competitive at 52kg, my weight class.

If you've got more specific questions fire away! My first full competition is in May, but I took part in a charity event in January which was run the same way.

@lawranick I liked it because it was easy to follow and told me exactly what to do for sets and weights. The free app is great for tracking and it times your rest periods which is awesome if you are working alone, like I was. Once your weights get higher 5lb increments every workout isn't feasible, you might need to get 1lb plates for increases on overhead press or bench. It is an excellent beginner program for powerlifting.

@lawranick I saw this thread over on the fitness subreddit as well. Thanks for adding the maintenance pics, it does help ease my eyes from the transition to the more or less normal looking starting you to the ripped AF bod in your competition photo, haha. You did an amazing job!