X2 Freedoms Too Short?

jamesbond004

Does anybody else find Victory's X2 Freedoms to be too short? I ordered according to their sizing chart (I was in the middle of size L, right at 7.5" from just below the bottom of the palm to the tip of my middle finger), but have found that the material barely reaches over the entire bar when I'm on the rig (that is if I'm jumping up. I can step up on a box and manually tighten down my grip to get more coverage, but that's sorta annoying).

By barely reaches over the bar, i mean the material barely covers my calluses at the top of my palm, which means my calluses end up pinching w/ the base of my fingers during actual work (TTB, pullups, etc). The actual wrist circumference (the wrist straps) fit is just fine. Curious if anyone else has had the same experience?

On solving the problem:

- I tried to shimmy the base of the grips as far up my wrist as they can go, but it doesn't give me enough material (I feel like I'd need another 0.5" at least, but would probably enjoy 1")

- Should I just ask Victory for a replacement? I always feel bad being "that customer" with any product, but especially a high quality product like this. I've used them for a couple WODs to try and figure out the length.

Other than the length issue, these grips are a dime. Thanks in advance, all!

@jamesbond004 I had ordered a women's L according to the size chart, got them and immediately exchanged for an XL. Customer service was great, no issues with being "that" customer. If you aren't happy, do the exchange!