Your opinion is right: give us your tier list for any workout

sarham41

For any muscle, create a tier list of your favorite/most used exercise. Use the following format:

S:
A:
B:
C:
D:
E:
F:

An example, in no particular order of exercises:

SHOULDERS

S: Dumbbell Press
A: Exercise 2
B: Exercise 3
C: Exercise 4
D: Exercise 5
E: Exercise 6
F: Machine Press

You do not need to give any additional information to support your answers - as the title says, it's your opinion.*

@sarham41 I’ll give my S tier for muscle groups just based on my own SFR:

Hamstrings - RDLs, lying hamstring curls with a pad under your hips for more stretch.

Quads - Paused hack squats with yoga blocks for more ROM.

Glutes - Deficit Bulgarian split squats

Mid-back - Chest-supported machine row

Lats - Neutral narrow grip pull-ups with a pause in the stretched position at the bottom.

Biceps - Machine preacher curls.

Chest - Paused incline smith and paused flat DB.

Triceps - Dips (good machine or free) and cross extensions

Lateral delts - Behind the back cable lateral raises.

Rear delts - Chest-supported cable reverse flyes.

Abs - Decline reverse crunches with bosu ball under your back.

Calves - Paused calf raises on a linear hack squat (mimics donkey calf raises).

@sam68 I’ve tried a ton of programs, but I’m not running an RP program. I just mean training with perfect technique, focusing on taking the target muscle to failure rather than just moving weight, pausing in the stretched position, etc.

@sam68 To add on. RP does have an app but I don't use it.

RP is just a great source of knowledge. It is sort of like the stuff we see from Jeff Nippard but even more nerdy.

Watch them enough and you can easily create your own routines that are really dialed in for you. And advanced techniques like different ways to deload so you can figure out what works best for you.

Stuff like the different types of fatigue and how to measure them have helped me out a ton to better plan my meso cycle, address joint pain, and nagging injuries.

I wish this was around when I was younger as all I had was garbage and contradictory advice from Men's Health.

@mstyle00 Nah Dr. Mike would say seated hamstring curls, a behind the midline curl variation (like incline bench curls), and skullcrusher variation for triceps

@dawn16 You’re one of the few nowadays that lists lying leg curls. We are on the same page there. I know studies show seated are more optimal, but for me personally, I connect much better the old fashioned way. I agree with pretty much this entire list.

@stickywicket I do too, and I think it's because, at least in my own case, I catch myself leaning forward almost on a seated curl, but on a prone, that's not necessary as your core and upper body are supported, isolating the necessary muscles for the prone leg curl.

@matt999 Way deeper stretch/better ROM. My lats get ridiculously sore from just 3 sets to failure in a way I’ve never felt with wider grip.

@dawn16 Neat list, bro. I prefer Smith GM to RDL, and Meadows rows for mid back, but otherwise great job. One question: deficit BSS is basically just Double deficit (front and rear foot) lunge/split squat or am I wrong?

@dawn16 My man. I think Deficit Split squats in Smith is just the best leg builder, my quads and glutes feel murdered next day, especially using dropsets.

Nah, my gym doesn't have landmine, I just put bar in the corner of rack and put big dumbbell near to make it stable. Meadows rows are great, especially as a fellow RP enjoyer: very stable (putting the other arm arm on knee and wide stance make you super stable), not that low SFR (as a unilateral exercise), easily overloaded ( you can add smallest plate), great for stretch (in bottom position you feel your mid back being ruptured).

Back