Your opinion is right: give us your tier list for any workout

@sarham41 Tris, ime

S: cable overhead extensions, crossover one arm extensions

A: ez bar skullcrushers, one arm pushdowns

B: dumbbell skullcrushers, CGBP, dips, swissbar bench

C: two arm pushdowns

D:

F: tris kickback, tris french press

@kanyen Haha thanks, I've tried a lot of variations and they always work for a bit including the first 2 you linked but the alignment eventually starts to irritate the elbows. I even tried a bar a few months ago and I'll never use it again, that really fucked up one of my elbows.

I think Katana extensions feel great since it aligns so well, it's just so hard to get in and out of position with them after a certain point. I tended to pull my shoulder at the end of the sets just trying to put the cable back

@sarham41 Shoulders:

S: Cable lateral raise

A: Machine press

B: Smith machine overhead press, dumbbell overhead press, Arnold press, side lying lateral raises

C: Overhead press

D: Dumbbell lateral raise

@freelee Hi, please could you explain why lateral raises with cable are the best but lateral raises with dumbells are the worst? In my ignorance I would think that the movement is the same. Many thanks

@mumof4grls Not OP, but I assume it's because of the resistance profile of the exercise. With a cable you get resistance throughout the entire movement, while with dumbbells you get zero or very little resistance at the start (because you are moving the dumbbell sideways, while the resistance is pulling the dumbbell down) and only get full resistance at the end (when you are moving the dumbbell up and the resistance is pulling it down).

@heartfire agree with the assisted pull ups. I was a purist for a long time and did normie pullups but imo mind-muscle connection and pump is way better on assisted

@sarham41 Back

S: Prime extreme row, prime chest supported row, panatta high row, panatta chest supported row, deadlift variations, hammer strength supinated pulldown

A: pronated cable straight bar row, single arm cable row, wide grip pulldown, neutral grip pulldown, meadows row

B: single arm dumbbell row, single arm landmine row, single arm cable pulldown, neutral grip cable row

C: T bar row, chest supported T bar row, pull ups

D: hammer strength low row, hammer strength high row, hammer strength chest supported iso row, incline bench dumbbell row

F: barbell row, face pulls, literally anything with a V-bar attachment, whatever kneeling unsupported pulldown bullshit I see people doing now for some reason

Edit - I have no idea how a subjective answer to a question based on personal experience is being downvoted lol

@kvolm For back, I got jacked just going heavy on deadlifts, barbell/dumbbell rows, and pullup variations.

Edit: Before "deadlifts are a glute and hams exercise, not back": your spinal erectors are part of your back too. In fact, they run along the entire length of your back.

@oncemore Engagement is one thing, effective stimulus is another. If you’re strong at all you’re going to have a very difficult time bracing in that position against the load you will have to use to hit failure in a reasonable rep range.

Back