1 year of natural bodybuilding progress

@professorphrink Damn, you had some great gains. I’ve gained a similar amount of weight but don’t look that much different. I’m taller tho so I wonder if that’s the reason.

Congrats on the transformation!

@professorphrink Solide results mate, congratulations! I do have a comment about that part tho

in May I was barely able to squat with 5 kg plates (11 lbs) on each side, and now I and doing deep squats with 20 kg plates (44 lbs) on each side. Again, numbers are not impressive, but I am looking at the part that I have 4 times the strength now

In May you were squatting 40kg (20kg bar I assume (?) with 2*5kg plates), now it's 60 kg.

@bambamikesell
Solide results mate, congratulations! I do have a comment about that part tho

Thx!

In May you were squatting 40kg (20kg bar I assume (?) with 2*5kg plates), now it's 60 kg.

I will have to correct you here. In May it was bar(20kg) and 2 plates of 5 kg (10 kg in total). So it is is actually 2x5 + 20 = 10+20=30 kgs

Currently, it is 2 plates of 20 kgs, which equals 40 plus bar (20kg), which is 60. Yea, doubled my strength. My bad in the post where i said i have 4 times the strength. I was looking only at the plates, since i started with 5kg plates and now i am squatting with 20 kg plates.

@remas My man, when you are met with constant failure in some parts of your life and hit rock bottom, you either give up or come back with a big thirst for vengeance.

I do not think I have great genetics. Just look at the before picture. No potential there at all. Trust me when I say I am training with high intensity, and each set I do I finish it with either close to failure and red-faced, or I fail the last rep

@professorphrink Looks decent for a year. Can clearly see you’ve gone from skinny fat without much musculature to a frame well on its way.

That said, my only constructive criticism is that counting calories and macros (particularly protein) is key if you want to properly bulk and cut. Not doing so is leaving gains and progress on the table, for something that really isn’t that time consuming.

@professorphrink Well done brother. You could start taking it even more seriously and you might enjoy the progress even more. There are a bunch of good YouTube channels and loads of useful info out there which could make your training and diet more efficient. Supplementing protein is cheaper and more efficient way of getting enough protein. And creatine doesn’t have any proven downsides and makes you quite a lot stronger almost overnight! Try it for a few months!

@giamfreeg Thank you brother! Yea, I got some rice&bean protein shake a month ago which is almost as good as whey. Unfortunately whey causes me health issues. As for creatine, I am pretty not feeling ok with taking it. I am considering it though.