1 Year Progress Post! (Lots of Info)

@jello123 Ahh... there was some YouTuber drama and the more I learned about him the less I respected him as a person.

This doesn't matter in relation to giving training advice, but some of his training advice is incorrect/sub optimal from my experience. It's not that everything he says is bad or wrong (he does have some very good information and techniques), it's that I don't trust him for consistently high quality information that other YouTubers are able to give.

@button That's awesome! You are very consistent and working hard to achieve this.

What are the programs or routines did you follow?

What routine are you following currently?

@wembiko Just posted my current routine on a comment above.

Bought one plan (Body By Rings) and used it as inspiration for my own plans.

Always have made my own plans, but would highly suggest anything from FitnessFAQs, Gabo Saturno, or Tom Merrick if you're looking for a plan. Tom has an app called Trybe with some free plans and Gabo has a new subscription program that I've heard great things about and has yoga/calisthenics/handstand programs all in one. Never tried the RR in this subbreddits wiki but a lot of people are happy with that.

@button I don't understand how you were eating 3000 calories a day and didn't gain weight. I'm 6'2" and would definitely gain weight (not the good kind) doing that

@button Jesus Christ, wasn't expecting that much visual progress when I opened the thread. And you ate a lot of trash, too? My routine is very similar to yours and I eat under 1800 calories per day but I look like shit compared to you! Keep up the good work.

@button That's awesome. I've built up my Front Lever in the past 2.5 months and the last time I tested it, was a single-leg hold for 13secs (and I wasn't even fresh). I feel like I'm nearing a plateau (though it could be in my head, actually) and in anycase, I'm if I continue training as diligently as I do and lost literally 7-10lbs, my FL would probably improve significantly. (And anytime I'm that low in bodyweight, I look pretty ripped.)

@fromgenesistorevelation Ugh don't get me started on front lever platues!
Best thing for my FL training was to just focus on reps and sets at the gym. Every time I tested harder progressions, I was mostly disappointed (got stuck between one leg and straddle for a long time).

Would highly suggest lesser know FL progressions for bridging gaps. ie. half lay straddle, super advanced tuck, single leg with extended leg bent. FintessFAQs on YouTube has a Front lever video on some lesser known progressions and checking out granosthenics on Instagram too! He has some interesting things I haven't thought of.

Look out for for my Front Lever progress post hopefully by the end of summer (when my form is perfect and I have more than a few second hold).

@button Honestly I'm not even at a plateau, I don't think... I'm just like, come on already I want a FULL FL, LOL. I've been sticking to the same exercise with great results. (Advanced tuck pull/raise to inverted hang, super-advanced tuck negative... about 30 reps of those spread over 5 sets in a workout.) God damn FL is my dream move, I love it so much aesthetically, way more than planche that people go crazy for and I have no desire to planche.

@fromgenesistorevelation You and me are on the same page! Front lever is beautiful and it's one of the things that's kept me so motivated to work out!

I do almost exactly the same FL excercise but a single leg FL on the eccentric (almost same amount of total reps too!)

Can't wait to see both of us crushing one, wishing you all the luck with your training!