2018 Contest Prep Breakdown

@jesusloveselonmusk Congratulations on the pro card and thanks for the write-up. It's always refreshing to hear about people taking the long view such that they are willing to take significant time to grow and build. Here's to a productive off season!

@jesusloveselonmusk As an avid lifter I would love to do a show but have no idea where to start to sign up for one or what class I would even compete in. Your post has given me so motivation to try to find one to do though. I mean this respectfully that’s your really changed your body from the start to the finish. I wouldn’t have thought the first body picture would have turned into the body during the show. Makes me feel like I can do it also. Great job! And good luck in the future.

@alej First off thank you! It’s pretty crazy what a body can look like after shedding off most of the fat.

My best advice would be to hire a reputable coach. You’ll likely need close to a year or two depending on where you are in your journey to work into a contest prep especially if you’ve never done one before. Look into 3DMJ, I know a few folks are coached by them on here. Should be plenty of resources on here also don’t be afraid to ask questions in the weekly threads!

@jesusloveselonmusk I’ll definitely look into that. I have a degree in exercise science and even owned my own gym for a few years so I have a pretty good base I feel like. However I need to research some organization that put shows on I feel. I don’t even know the categories to be honest but obviously don’t want to be competing against jack dudes that juice haha. I’m from random small town in western pa so I personally have never even heard of shows in my area. Thinking maybe Pittsburgh might be the closest since I’m only an hour or two from there.

As to the time that’s no issue for me. Been lifting pretty consist for about 10 years. However I have ate fast food and drank pop daily for those 10 years haha.

You definitely got the ball rolling!!

If I posted a picture would you be willing to tell me real basically what to work on the most? Like obviously don’t want you to spend a ton of time on it. I’m talking like look and give me a quick tip or two haha.

@alej Right on, so you have definitely have lifting experience under your belt. Absolutely! I wouldn’t mind at all.

As for shows, I know many of the organizations are beginning to put out their 2019 schedules.

Check out these orgs, I know NGA for a fact has several PA shows

NGA: https://www.nationalgym.com/national-gym-amateur-schedule.html

WNBF: https://www.worldnaturalbb.com/2019-inbf-wnbf-events/

OCB: (2019 schedule is not out but most of the time it’s the same setup as the year prior): http://ocbonline.com/event_schedule.php

@jesusloveselonmusk Ah this is perfect exactly what I need. Good leads to get me started! I appreciate this a ton. NGA definitely has them close enough where I’m will to travel!

Last night at gym.

5’8” 175 ish in that photo. That was last night I hit some tris and abs late night.

@royaloliver7 It definitely does. I think that's the new standard approach with natural bodybuilding preps in general too. More and more you're seeing longer preps and folks are retaining more muscle ala Jeff 'Godfather' Alberts (3DMJ)