2023 NoBull CrossFit Games IE6 - Helena Discussion Thread

@65787577 I don’t think that there is difference if you recover for 16 or 14 hours, but there is a difference if you can recover for 3 or 5. Last heat yesterday was done at around 7:30, I don’t think that many athletes where in bed by that time.

@sanders1031 I get it, that espn wants the highlights at the end, but it’s a sporting event and the temp/sun definitely made a difference today on the run. If I’m Will Morad, I’d be pissed. Also, all the women put in the hard work and deserve respect. The cuts make even the first heats quite interesting. The least they can do, is to put the women’s final heat last.

@jonjones229 Something I'm wondering, aren't they supposed to swap hand with the dumbbell snatches? I thought I saw Laura Horvath not doing that near the end, surely she did it wrong therefore technically didn't do all the reps?

@georgesblog Don't worry, crossfit is clueless as fuck too. No replay on ESPN+ AND no coverage of Helena on YT. This is why people think the games are a fkn joke. Local government broadcast quality televison coverage. What. A. Joke.

@jonjones229 Emma Lawson and Alexis Raptis ahead of Laura Horvath at the end of day 2, and I don't think anyone expected the top 10 we are seeing now. The women's race is far more unpredictable, and more exciting. Laura Horvath can still win the Games, but it may not be as easy as people think.

On the men's side, Roman Khrennikov has such a big lead he looks like he will win this year. But, there are always surprises. Let's hope Chandler Smith can podium.

@giftsigns Top 3 ladies no surprise

Laura was 3 last year, Emma was 6, Alexis was 10, and 5 of the top 10 dropped out.

Men's side looks like Roman will be hard to catch, but Adler can maybe do it

Back