2024 semifinals - Africa, North America East, and South America - Day 3

@giftsigns Fair, but Vellner also came in 10th in this event and I don't recall people calling him washed or questioning his placing.

There is a very distinctly different narrative when women don't achieve the standard fans set for them, then when men don't.

@prodigaldisciple Danielle Brandon is known as someone who can do the fastest handstand walk. Vellner can do gymnastics very well, but not particularly known for his handstand walk. Danielle doesn't look at all fast today.

@jimw I expected Danielle to win, so that's certain a shock. She seemed to be slower on the rower in the 2nd and 3rd round, maybe she didn't pace herself well, but even on the HSW, she was not faster than Haley, Tia and a few others.

@giftsigns She seemed to be protecting her shoulder, was a bit tentative on the earlier rope workout jumping up each round as well. I saw her at the Games last year and at Fittest, she's quicker than any other athlete normally. A 100% fit Danielle would normally be much quicker than that.

Final day! The semifinals have been good,, new talents and old favorites, exciting finishing. I hope to see a few rookies qualifying for the Games today. Have to say that I'm a bit concerned for Haley, I thought that she would qualify no matter what, but now I'm not sure. Amanda Barnhart looks to be in trouble, and Brooke Wells is on the cut line (but still think she will be fine). I can't think of a time when I could be so uncertain as to who will qualify, because there are so many who can.

Everything can change today, apart from Tia being on top of course.

Back