6-Month Anorexia Progress

@hal16 Funny, your torso looks exactly like mine around the waist - I also had the S curve corrected :) I’m still struggling to increase my weight though.

Well done on your progress! I hope you continue to make some awesome gains and keep lifting 💪🏼

Also, do you think your shoulder flare up is related to scoliosis? I have shoulders that sit unevenly at the back and the right one comes forward a bit even after my surgery so am aware this affects the way I use weights.

All the best with your recovery - keep up a bit of protein intake so that should help with maintaining muscle for as long as possible. Spinal fusions suck, but the long term benefit is worth it.

@meruru My scoliosis comes from a connective tissue disorder, which means all my joints are fairly loose. I was lifting weights and progressed too quickly, popped it out of socket and messed up all the rotator cuff components. This was over a year ago, but I only started PT for it 6 months ago. That's also why I switched to bodyweight training for now, until I have a better strength base built up to keep everything in place, lol.

@hal16 I cannot but notice... On your left picture, your left hip is much wider than right hip. Im strugle with same thing, im underweight right now with big hips disproportion. Did you work on that or?

@hal16 Thank you for answer. I dont have any problems when doing exercises and i dont feel any pain, it is just weird looking if you ask me.

https://ibb.co/tqcrC6n This is latest picture, do you think it can be the same problem? Or maybe pelvic tilt or something?

@allen88 I don't think it's pelvic tilt, but there's not a way to diagnose scoliosis without getting x-rays done. Some people just have small imbalances. For what its worth, I don't think it looks too weird, lol.

@hal16 Oh, ok. I really dont know much about those things. I just figured out my imbalances in last few years so i try to find out is it normal or what. I guess i should see a specialst. You are so kind, thank you for reply.

@hal16 I'm happy for your progress, but is this real anorexia or were you just very skinny? Not trying to discredit you or anything, I just don't see anything in the OP addressing anorexia, which is a psychological eating disorder that carries related body image issues which simple exercise wouldn't address.

@plans4good It's real, and been accompanied by years of therapy and treatment. I still have days where I think 'oh I'm getting fat' or bad thoughts like that, and I don't think eating will ever be something that's easy for me, but I've come really far in my recovery process.

@hal16 That's amazing. You look amazing.

Is there any chance that you can share some strategies that you've used to help get more comfortable with your weight gain?

@hal16 I don’t think it’s something you ever fully forget, but you can pretty much recover from it in five years to a decade. Which is a lot sooner than it seems. Best of luck

@paperthinhymn Imagine being an idiot.

Again, I wasn't calling into question the veracity of her statements. I was trying to make sure I was comprehending the OP by ensuring she wasn't using "anorexic" as a mere hyperbolic descriptor since nothing in the OP mentions dealing with the psychological phenomenon.

Back