6 Month calisthenics journey

iseetheunseen

Hi everyone!
Im 29, years old from Norway and have been following this reddit for about 6 months now. I made a 3 month progress post :
This is my 6 month update.
I want to start off by thanking everyone in this awesome community, and I want to suggest to every lurker and frequent visitor to check out the BWF discord channel. It has done wonders for my motivation aswell as given me tons of useful information.
Thanks to SpikeBaylor, Marko, Antranik, Tykato and everyone else on the discord! I love you guys (and girls..... rather... girl...... yes Potentia im looking at you).

Lets start out with some progress pictures:

Comparison Photos:
Where I started: 65KG

Where I am now: 78KG

(for the 3 months progress pics just check the link provided)

So what has happened in the last 3 months?
Ive ditched the circuit training and changed it to a Push/Pull system. Where i do Push-Pull-Legs-Push-Pull-Skill work-Legs/rest.

I have also purchased rings which i originally put up in the garage, but have now moved them indoors.
They are probably the best purchase I have ever made, as you can use them for so many different exercises, so if you are thinking about getting into BWF and dont have any equipment, purchase rings! They are amazing!

Ive had a break from the bulking for a while, as I was away on holiday etc, so the weight gain is not very significant, but the strength gain has been good.

Height: 182.cm (6ft) (messed up the height earlier, stupid feet/inches measurements)

Starting weight: 65kg (143lbs)

Current weight: 78kg ( 172lbs)

Time period: 6 months

Goal weight: 80kg ( 176lbs)

My current push routine:

Pike Pushups

Ring Dips

Weighted Pushups

Hollow Body Holds

Skullcrushers

Pull day:

Skin the cat

Pullups

Rows

DB Curls

Hanging leg raises

Facepulls

4 sets and 5-12 reps.

Currently im also doing the Fighter Pullup 1 month program, which I just started on 3 days ago. Hopefully it will take my pullups to the next level. I will be starting weighted pullups after this.

I do not follow any special diet, most of my favorite foods is mentioned under the 3 month update post.

When i posted my 3 month update post I got a lot of motivating comments, and I set myself a goal that I would push myself hard to achieve even better result for the 6 month update.
I dont think Ive made any better results but still, im quite happy with the progress.

Ive had a few weeks of deloading and some lack of motivation, but it comes and goes, right now im in a very good place and I push hard every workout.

I will answer any and all questions and update the post with more information during the day.
(have to head out to work and all my pictures are at home, so sorry for lack of current content mods, it will come in a few hours)

@iseetheunseen That's crazy, how did you gain that much weight in such a little time period without gaining lots of fat? I've been basically bulking for a couple of years now but I'm still a bit slim, and gain fat too quickly compared to muscle

@sophiaofthemoonlight Im not sure, i think its because Ive been a bit up and down with the calories. Eating very healthy and just kept pushing myself in the workout.

It also might be genetics, im not sure, ive never been fit like this before.

@iseetheunseen Genetics are definitely a big factor, especially with that much muscle gain. My dad is slim built/works out all the time so that's probably why it's hard for me. Even when I eat like a pig 😂 really good progress, keep it up and you'll be a beast in no time

@iseetheunseen So I've been doing the RR for about 18 months now, and I've seen nowhere NEAR the progress you have. I'm not a jealous person, but this gets me up the wall haha.

I've read you can only gain like 10kg of muscle in a year, while you're gaining double that. What's your secret lol?

Congratulations though: you've been through an amazing transformation after putting in hard work. This wouldn't've come easy. Congrats. I'm going to use my anger/jealousy to fuel my pullups now :D

@arrows Thanks man! Im not sure what the secret is. Healthy foods and giving it all on every workout. And I can only assume good genetics😂 i think my starting point was just really bad, so the improvement looks more impressive. Im sure you have made lots of progress aswell, be proud of that! Were all different! Im sure you are much stronger than me😊

@iseetheunseen Had a similar experience when I first started training. If you stick to your training goals, repeat to failure and don't cut workouts your gains are really, really fast. Think you proved the need to watch what you eat as well as your set discipline.

Gratulerer med din fremgang bro

@iseetheunseen You're enormous R2 ! Congrats, very impressive progress !

We've had similarish weight gain over the same period of time (I'm at 6 months too). I went from 68kg to 75kg at 178cm but I'm not as defined as you are, here's my pics album from the last Physique Thread :
Do you plan on maintaining your weight now ? I'm not quite sure what to do with mine.

@chickenbaltiriceandnaan Size wise we are quite similar, I think the tan is helping me out :D

My goal is still to hit 80kg, then try to juggle that weight around while reducing bodyfat %, i still got some fat around the waist area, especially on my back. So im gonna just slow bulk, then slow cut and repeat until im satisified.

And thanks! :D

@iseetheunseen then you're a genetic freak lol

10 kg of muscles in 3 months and 13 in 6 is so past any kind of natural expectation a lifter could have, that I cant even bother to discuss, you're either trolling for attention or just lying.