An Update on Apartment Noise Management

@cravinmaven One of my goals for 2020 was to complete an entire fitness challenge (great at starting, terrible at follow-through). I found this to be a really great goal because now that everything has changed, I've chosen to try to complete a challenge that fits in with my current circumstances. Right now I'm working on a Chloe Ting challenge. I'm enjoying it so far!

@tiffanieus I’m glad you found something you enjoy! It took me the last two hours to get enough momentum to change into my workout gear. Now I’m sitting with my phone browsing. Ahhh. Motivation is an elusive chase.

@cravinmaven Haha I definitely feel that mood. It took me all day to convince myself to get up and do my workout but now I'm sitting here with my glass of wine waiting for a virtual pub quiz :)

@tiffanieus Happy to report that got my ass in gear to do a rumble kickboxing workout (they have tons of free videos on their Instagram watch, that I discovered through this sub’s wiki today!). Gonna move onto my favourite part (weightlifting). I hate cardio so good I got it of the way. Enjoy your pub quiz xx.

@cravinmaven Communication is so important, and just having those lines open is great! Like she can maybe text you if she has a super important zoom presentation coming up and you can easily not do a workout during that hour, and imagine how much frustration you can avoid by that simple act. I don't think you need to compare schedules every day but for the odd really important thing, it could be really helpful.

@georges09 Totally! It was a relief knowing that we can be adults and respect each other. I hesitated giving out my number at first but many recommended in my previous thread, so I really want to thank for you all for the encouragement as now I know she can access me if she wants.

@georges09 It’s crazy how sound carries and warps through floors/ceilings! I’m so thankful to no longer have a downstairs neighbor. I remember my now-fiancé stepping out for a cigarette one evening and our downstairs neighbor asking why we never brought “our big dogs” outside. Our two (senior and relatively low-energy) cats were just that noisy trotting around. Yet I was able to workout/clean/etc just fine and they never noticed.

@madoxx Haha thanks! I wish I could somehow tell her because I think it would amuse her greatly. She's 18 years old but she's still agile and feisty as hell. I always say if she could talk, she'd sound like Stewie from Family Guy except that she loves me.

@georges09 Our robot vacuum makes a noise like that when it goes over the wood floors. First time I heard if from the basement I was so confused. Maybe something like that?

@danieljohn Yeah, here it sounds like rollerskating! I wonder how my robot vacuum sounds, might be a bit more muffled because he's on rubber wheels, but I guess the random bashing into things might sound interesting.

@danieljohn Could be! It did seem like they were just rolling from one side to the other, I remember being like, what on Earth are they doing?? Sounds kind of fun, though.

They did borrow my vacuum when they moved out so you could be on to something, a robot wouldn't be great for a last minute quick or spot clean.

@georges09 Oh!! I used to live in an old house (built in the 1800s) and there were mice living in between the floorboards. They would drop rocks and roll shit around. I wonder if you had extra furry friends living in between you guys as well?

@cravinmaven Haha that's a good thought and for most people, I'd say likely but I worked with mice for years so I pick up their scent like a bloodhound (also severely allergic), so I'd probably notice. But maybe if they stayed in the walls and the seal was good, I wouldn't?

Back