12-Week Challenge: Week 5 Update

@novembermike Thankyou!

I think it is really hard to shake the '1200 calorie a day' mentality that is re-enforced everywhere. The days where I sit at my desk all day I can easily do 1200, but if I am active I have to increase the cals.

@immortalzealot Oh goodness. I'm just the opposite haha. At my desk I'm so much more prone to snacking (even though I only keep things like peanuts and hard boiled eggs around) whereas I've had days where I'll forget to eat all day if I'm busy.

@denice65 Today I'm happy! After two unsatisfying weeks I was able to get back on track: this week I put in my maximum effort and met every goal exercise-wise and diet-wise.

Progress is turning out to be painfully slow, but I've started to realise it really IS happening and this morning I was so excited to see the scale hit a new low.

@denice65 Having a break from swimming due to my gym being in renovation. I am actually member of gym chains, so I do have access to other pools, but they are far from both home and work and for a public commuter, it's difficult. But, on Sunday, I have another 10.5k race, so definitely I'll go swim some laps on Saturday, it's a good warm-up for longer runs, I've found. The only thing about my goals that changed was the triathlon, I'll probably sign up for one in September, as June is too early and I am not prepared enough. Also, I had no luck with finding proper attire, and swimming in open sea in June may guarantee me some hypothermia. I am a coward, but I prefer looking out for my long term health.

@bubblegum2021 I did a multisport raid last year that involved diving head first and swimming accross a river without warm-up beforehand. It was a pretty stupid thing to do since the water was really cold. I totally agree with you, your long term health is priority :)

@denice65 I've seen no new improvements.

My buddy wants to go to the gym tomorrow so I'm excited that I might begin actually weightlifting like I want.

I still haven't truly gotten to the yoga yet. I really desperately want to do more but I just have to set aside a specific time for it.

@denice65 I completed the 9th week of Strong Curves, ran a total of 25 km (23 the week before) and added two mountain bike sessions.
I also did a lot of mental work on body acceptance, accepting my body is so liberating and makes my relationship with food much more peaceful. It was a great week :)