Any fitness tips for someone with a disability?

wait4him

I’m not as mobile or strong as I once was due to a leg injury I suffered a few years ago. Since then, I’ve kinda let myself go because I can’t play sports and lift weights like I used to. I’m currently 6’7 and weigh 270lbs... Is there any home work-out equipment that can make the journey easier for me?

@wait4him I don't think anyone can answer without more information. How serious was the injury? Are you able to do most basic movements?

Has a medical professional warned you to avoid any particular exercises?

@wait4him Speak to a PT about how to work out given your condition.

IMO it shouldn't impact upper body weight training, but cardio-wise you'll obviously need to consider low/no impact options, i.e. running is off the table. As someone recovering from a lower leg surgery right now and just getting back to weight-bearing, I'm a fan of air bike training for cardio/conditioning.

@wait4him I’ve had lots of foot and knee injuries and what’s worked for me is power walking on a treadmill slightly above a comfortable walking speed with max incline for 20-40 minutes, then upper body weight lifting. Either one right after the other or one in the morning and the other later in the day. As you feel more sturdy, you can incorporate more treadmill speed and/or light leg exercises. Hope this helps, but you’ve got this! 💪💯🙏