Austin Dunham's "BodyWeight BodyBuilder 2.0" Programme Review - Big Thumbs Down

@thaylon This is the real answer here - this reminds me of people looking for the next big diet, when all the info on proper nutrition is available for FREEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :)

@thaylon Such a brain dead comment. Of course you can find things in paid programs that you can't in free ones. Don't misguide people because you think you're a fuckin internet genius for following shitty IG videos

@gemmy Proper science ( yes it can be in free programs but I mean an established systematic process and application of it)
, proper coaching and accountability to name a few. You'll dismiss those, i'm sure but not my prob.

@dawn16 In that case you're paying for coaching, not simply a program. Very different thing.

And please define what an established systematic process and application of proper science is in this context. Because there is a LOT of 'science' used by these YouTube/Instagram personalities.

@dlr What? Fitness influencer may not actually know how to effectively train people and is just in it for extra money? That’s never happened before!

I know that comes out as rude and I don’t mean it to, but it’s a pet peeve of mine. What are Austin’s qualifications that allow him to make solid, logical programs? It’s one thing to be able to follow a program or make a program yourself and see good personal results like he has, it’s another thing entirely to make a good program with a nice progression scheme that’s tailored to other individual’s with varying starting points and aspirations.

@dawn16 I feel you here. I actually am subscribed to Austin and have been training calisthenics myself for about 2.5 years with what I'd say pretty nice results. But friends of mine that have asked me to help make a program for them, I can't comfortably do that even though I'm progressing well in my own training. I train in a way that works for me, but a lot of it was trial and error with myself as a guinea pig. So I can't imagine selling programs when I have no qualifications to think i know what would work for others. Free YouTube tutorials and workout ideas? Totally. But paid programs?

The thing is, I don't actually think he has any qualifications. You check his website and all it says is that he has 4+ years of experience in calisthenics. It says he's accredited but it doesn't actually say what he's accredited in. His Youtube channel doesn't have anything on it either. Unless he mentions it in one of his videos?

I think that's the problem with the fitness industry as a whole. You get so many people who have been training and working out for years and have become really good at just that. Training and working out. They've figured out what works for them. Unfortunately a lot of these people try to help others even though they have next to no scientific knowledge base to back up their training programs, claims, and/or reasoning for doing things.

To add to that, you get trainers qualified with the absolute minimal qualification of a single certificate (which is really fuckin easy to get by the way. You don't need to be a genius to get one) going ahead and putting themselves up on the pedestal.