Building a Year Long Comp Plan

@sam81 I think all of this largely depends on what you want out of this comp and what the standards are. Your strength numbers are relatively low, especially the Olympic lifts. No mention of gymnastics or cyclical metrics.

I would pick something and be consistent with it. People do get better with competitor blog style programming as long as they stick with it and are aware of themselves enough to modify when necessary.

If the the options are overwhelming, find a coach. There are plenty of good ones out there.

@kaykay8 These are great lifting numbers, especially for a masters athlete. Takes like this one are what give CrossFit the bad name of “elitist”. This person isn’t asking about winning the CrossFit open either, just talking about doing a competition. For masters level, these numbers would put you on the podium for sure at most competitions.

@xitosunwin I agree. Its not like he is trying to go to the games. For a local competition these numbers are not so bad at all. I wouldn't say they are podium numbers but he should be somewhat competitive depending on the comp. I don't know what these other people are talking about.

@andrey1987 Most of my numbers are lower than his and I’m usually on the podium. Just depends of the level of the competition and how much it’s focused on pure strength versus strength/endurance.

@kaykay8 By the way, I’m currently working on a mobile app-an aggregator for searching and selecting coaches in the EU. I truly believe it’s a valuable tool for both coaches and trainees, saving them time and effort. If you’re a coach and interested in joining the app, feel free to DM me ;)