Bulking breakfast for people who don’t want a ton of food

@bigbossjock That’s actually really smart, I make a bean “mash” sometimes but even then I find I have to eat a larger volume of food to meet my calorie/protein goals for that meal. I’ll definitely give making bean patties a try! I haven’t had a good bean burger in a long time, so I’m excited to give it a try, thanks a lot!

@iwantpeace Thanks for such a wonderful reply! TheGratitudeBot has been reading millions of comments in the past few weeks, and you’ve just made the list of some of the most grateful redditors this week!

@iwantpeace Not sure if this meets your requirements but I eat basmati rice and dal in the morning a lot. I also like to make besan omelettes. Both keep me full and have protein, but I’m not trying to bulk up.

@iwillwalkinfaith I think this would be a really good breakfast. I notice I’m losing my appetite for traditional western breakfast foods which might be why I have trouble getting enough food in the morning. Thanks for the recommendation!

@coindude123 Apologies for the late response. I put in another comment that I’m looking for both higher protein (not insanely high or anything, but moderately so), and somewhat lower fat. I’m not low fat by ANY means lol, but I do try to keep my fat intake somewhat moderate

@xbluxtunicx82 I wanted to love overnight oats so bad but I’m a part of the “oats should be warm” club lol. Maybe I’ll try a recipe this week and give it another go though. Thanks a lot for the recommendation!

@xbluxtunicx82 Oh, yeah, I just do that in the morning with hot oats. I was confused on your comment. I know 1/2 cup old fashioned oats are 150 calories, so I add soy yogurt, milk, berries, peanut butter, protein powder, and chia seeds to mine :)

Back