Can you reach effective hypertrophy in the 3-5 rep range with weighted Calisthenics?

@123vicky With such slow reps, I don't see how anyone can argue that your low rep-count matters. It would seem like magical thinking, that there is something special about 'a rep'. If you were battering these reps out one-per-second, then yeah, I would say it's suboptimal.

@123vicky In terms of programming you would do better adapting GSLP or GZCLP to your exercise selection.

Also.. if you have legs, train them.

GZCLP would look like this:

D1 5x3 Pull up | 3 x10 Dip | 3x15 Squat

D2 5x3 Push up | 3x10 Row | 3x15 Good Morning

D3 5x3 Dip | 3 x10 Pull up | 3x15 Squat

D4 5x3 Row | 3x10 Push up | 3x15 Good Morning

You should still go learn how to progress it.

@123vicky That‘s a great strength plan and if you can add weight after time you sure gain muscle. For maximise hypertrophy i would add MYO sets of different exercises at the end of your workout or even another day. For example take a exercise where you can do 12-20 reps close to failure. That’s your activation set. After that you breath 3-5 times and do another set for 5 reps. Do as many MYO sets until you can’t make 5 reps. Works great with ring rows or inverted rows on bars

@123vicky Unlikely. It fairly well proven that anything below 5 reps is inferior for hypertrophy. But as soon as you add 6-30rm sets in top of 1-3 heavy sets per session you're good. Look into some principles of power building.

@jerseygirl1 I can i do 5-6 reps in each pull ups and dips usually. This is mainly because of the eccentrics thing so I go pretty slow to make it harder. I read and heard that this engages your muscles under more stress to build strength and muscle

@123vicky Anecdotal, and ultimately you should experiment to see what works for you despite what any one offers, but I wouldn't add weight to the Dips. Most people can press their bodyweight easier than they can pull it. 3-6 slow pullups will do more for the average person than 3-6 Dips. Press with more volume and pull with more weight. And I'm not speaking from theoretical research or studies.

@jerseygirl1 I second this. I am always wondering how people do about as many dips as pull ups. Dips have always been a lot easier to me, usually I can do twice as many dips as pull ups with the same weight added.