CF boxes on the west coast

ofbrysonmen

Hi everyone! Soon, i'll be heading to the US for a 1 month roadtrip on the west coast (Seattle - Portland - San Francisco - Las Vegas - San Diego - LA) . I regularly practice CrossFit (9 times per week) and I still want to train when I'm on holiday. I would love to visit CF boxes, but drop-ins will cost me a fortune if i want to visit a different box every day.

I know I can still do cardio sessions and bodyweight workouts when i don't train at a box, but i cannot do my usual training, e.g. heavy lifts, gymnastics, strongman. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

@ofbrysonmen If you’re only planning on staying in within the vicinity of San Francisco: I’d checkout Flagship or CrossFit Soma.

If you’re able to leave the immediate area: NorCal CrossFit, CSA CrossFit, CrossFit One World, CrossFit Oakland, CrossFit Santa Cruz

Honorable Mentions: Max’s Gym (Max Aiata OG weightlifting coach), Speed Power Strength (eleiko facility)

@ofbrysonmen Industrious is a phenomenal gym in the Seattle area. Not affiliated but hands down probably one of the best gyms in the state in terms of equipment, coaching, and programming. We joke in WA state that CrossFit in Seattle is like Starbucks coffee - there's a box on every corner, and the second oldest (or oldest?) affiliate is in WA state; Rainer CrossFit. The CF roots run deep. So if you pick one near where you're staying, odds are it will be pretty good.

@ofbrysonmen When I’ve traveled to beach destinations in the past, I’ve brought along an empty rogue 150 lb sandbag. Bring it to the beach, fill it with sand, do a workout, dump out the sand, repeat as needed. Not sure how much time you planned to spend at beaches, but I’ve brought my sandbag everywhere from Hawaii to Las Vegas to French Polynesia.

@heavenstudent Just variations on sandbag cleans and sandbag carries. Something like 10 rounds 10 cleans and 50 yard carry. You can also do burpees over the sandbag and sandbag squats. The beauty of the sandbag is it can be any weight you want it to be so there’s more variance in loading even if there isn’t a lot of variance in movements.

Back