West Coast Classic Live Semi Final Day Three Discussion Thread

@jonjones229 Raptis with a huge win there. the final women's heat is going to be super fun - it's looking like it's 2 spots for 3 people (Speegle, Raptis, Huckaby), with a very tight points spread meaning other heat scores will factor.

the last event is 15 RMU + speed clean ladder, and i'm guessing it's going to come down to who can recover fastest and risk it best for the 15 RMU; minimize no reps and go. it's going to be exciting

@jonjones229 IDK, maybe it's just me, but I feel like Brooke could have shown up to support Sydney. 3 days of dialed back training to support your sister when she did the same for you just seems like the right thing to do.

@jackaharts I mean, didn’t Mat Fraser say he stopped using steak knives close to the games? (I’m sure this was a little in jest) but he basically said the way he dominated was to eat, sleep, breathe crossfit training. Sure, Brooke could’ve gone - but she wants to win the games, she knows Sydney isn’t at that level yet so to sacrifice her training (which is her livelihood) to support her sister in a “just for fun” (for Sydney) competition isn’t likely.

@jackaharts I can see the rational. it's not just travel, it's training days lost, +/- the days before and after travel. roughly speaking it's like almost a week of good quality training days you'd lose, if you factor in like recovery from being disrupted from routine and what not. the Games are near, this would be the time to push hard.

still, must have been hard overall

@davies2454 eh yeah if they're vaccinated, which I would think they are, then COVID isn't a real deal anymore. though I think Brooke may or may not even already have had COVID from what I remember so she should be doubly immunized now with the vaccine.

Back