Cholesterol win!

jeremiahk

Hi team!! I’m super excited that through this page and r/vegan I made the switch to vegan in May after some scary blood test results. I’m hitting 3-6 workouts a week (always over 200 intensity minutes a week on my Garmin, but aiming closer to 300-400).

I’ve had my bloods retested this week and my cholesterol is all back within a healthy range! I’ve lost about 5kg since then and it’s slowly trending down. My B12 is good and everything else is tracking well except ferritin which I could never absorb even through a heavy meat diet. I get transfusions for that now :)

Seeing all of your epic posts has motivated me to get into strength training and I absolutely love it after avoiding it for most of my adult life. I still get two runs in every week and a session on the spin bike if I can fit it in.

I’m feeling happier and healthier than I have in years - caring for other beings and seeing your awesome efforts has really inspired me to also care for myself 💪💖✌️

@prosper03 I will for sure!! I only wish I had more time to work out 🤣 and I wish I could hit weight loss quicker but gave myself RED-S a few years ago running half marathons so I have to be careful with fuelling and watching my energy levels.

Back