Chris Hinshaw AMA

oldman1941

Welcome to the Chris Hinshaw AMA! Chris will be on at 7 PM ET using the @catrinabrosko account to answer the questions you ask here! Hello from Chris!

Chris is the endurance coach to hundreds of CrossFit athletes that range from the day-to-day CrossFitter looking to efficiently and effectively improve their fitness, to more than two-dozen podium athletes at the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 CrossFit Games including Sara Sigmundsdottir, Rich Froning, Tia-Clair Toomey, Katrin Davidsdottir, Camille Leblanc-Bazinet, Mat Fraser, and Julie Foucher.

Chris is also a former All American swimmer and an experienced professional triathlete with 10 Ironman finishes. His top international finishes include a 2nd place overall finish at the Hawaiian Ironman World Championships, 2nd place overall finish at the Ironman World Championships in Canada, and a 1st place overall finish at Ironman Brazil.

Coach Chris has been a CrossFit athlete since 2008. He is a CrossFit Level 1 trainer, CrossFit Competitor Course certified, Endurance Course certified, CrossFit Mobility certified, Rocktape Doc and Coach at NorCal CrossFit. He currently shares his coaching and endurance methodology through his on-line coaching and his CrossFit Speciality Course: Aerobic Capacity.

To learn more about Chris Hinshaw and the awesome work he does, visit his website Aerobic Capacity (free weekly workouts!) and follow him on Instagram.

@lizzylou44 All 3 are good options. We must recognize that all 3 movements are unique and every intensity within that movement is unique. Our body recruits, sequences and fatigues muscle fibers based on these variables. However, I must consider which movement best enables me to maximize their adaptations to most efficiently and effectively enable THEM to reach their goal(s)? I must value and respect their available training time. Assuming a healthy individual without a specific training goal (i.e., general fitness), running has the highest value of time and greatest crossover into functional fitness because you must support your structure (gravity). Rowing, cycling, swimming are all body weight supported movements.

@oldman1941 I want to thank everyone for taking the time to submit their questions. And yes, I promise to answer every question that was submitted within the next day or so. I also want to thank AMA on reddit.com/r/crossfit for the opportunity to share my thoughts, ideas, perspectives on coaching the functional fitness enthusiast.

@oldman1941 How do you think most of the athletes would fair if the 2017 Crossfit Games opened up with a marathon run? Do you think they would be wrecked for the rest of the weekend or be able to still give great performances in the other aspects of crossfit? Which athletes do you think would have no issues with it? Thanks, Chris!