Complete beginner, where to start?

p5group

I have never really tried to put a focus on exercise before. I’m F 19, 5’4” and about 275 lbs. Before anyone starts yeah I know it’s late to be starting and yes I know I’m fat. Im so tired of being called that, I grew up the chubby kid and it’s always hurt. I want to begin losing weight but I have absolutely no clue where to even start. I’m going to my local gym tomorrow to get a membership but where do I go from there? Any tips are welcome and greatly appreciated

@p5group Firstly its never too late to start and you're only 19 alot of people start at that age. As a complete beginner you could literally walk and drop pounds like crazy. I recommend getting either my fitness pal or lose it app and starting a calorie deficit to lose weight as well.

@michaellovelett I’ve heard good things about the my fitness pal app, gonna download it. Thanks! I guess I’m starting on the treads considering walking is a good option and it’s relatively low stress

@p5group Start by going to FitWiki and read all of it, ALL OF IT. There are several easy digestible articles on training, diet and routines. The FAQ page will probably answer all your follow-up questions. Then pick a program from the recommended routines, preferably the beginner program . If you don't have access to a gym, follow the beginner bodyweight program . Go on YouTube, and you will find several videos on how to perform the different exercises. If you want do add some cardio (as you should), you will find proper cardio- and conditioning routines here.

I would start with the following articles:
- Getting started with fitness
GL dude!