CrossFit and CNS Fatigue

@catherineone
Iron is forged in the fire, not the couch, so I’d prefer to see this through rather than scale back down.

The problem with this is that you are a bag of flesh and water, not iron. It’s a metaphor that has zero connection to the reality of training. Obviously training hard is important, but recovery is equally important - if your recovery is shit, you are limiting how hard you can actually work.

So yes, iron is forged in a fire, but a successful athlete is forged on the sofa as much as they are by the weight room. Ditch the cringey metaphors and start training smart.

@catherineone I’m 56, CrossFiting for 7 years ,I’m on Mayhem Compete, do a 5 day split ( notorious volume) have sleep apnea…
I get it!! I’ve had the best luck with adding a magnesium drink in the evening and trying to get to bed an hour earlier than is typical. My sleep Doctor has said that even if you’re not asleep you are receiving the benefits of rest, try for 8 hrs even if it’s just laying there. I have also added cold plunging to my daily routine ( 3 minutes 40 degrees Fahrenheit) it has done wonders for me. The only other thing is deload week as part of your workout routine. Oh, and eat carbs…Other than that , good luck!!

@catherineone My 2 cents.

You can still make a lot of progress (or possibly even more) by cutting 1metcon per week and if no changes, scale another metcon a bit more than normal.

Let's say on Monday go to class but do strength work only, during the metcon do skill work. Tues weds normal class with Metcon. Do this (reducing metcon frequency and volume) till you wake up with morning wood consistently (a simple and most accurate recovery dial, better than a whoop)

41 is not that old, many great years of fitness improvement lie ahead of you.

Back