Daughter 7 and son 9 can dead hang comfortably for 3 and a half minutes

@rando As others have said, those challengers use a rotating bar meaning it's basically all in wrist strength and engages very isolated muscles.

But yeah, anecdotally I was certainly better as a kid. I used to be able to hang and swing off bars all day as a kid, but the other week I tried a one handed dead hang and it was hard as fuck. I probably didn't even go 30 seconds.

@rando Strength to weight ratio is much greater in kids. My 8 year old can also hang for 3+ minutes. 1.5-2mins is a best for me at 36. Ive been active for most my life and I distinctly recall pullups and rope climbs being much easier at 140lbs at 14 than they are at 185lbs at 36.

@rando As you just said, your kids play on monkey bars. A lot of people have made great comments about physiological differences as we grow up, but exercise also plays a huge part in this. If you played on the monkey bars every day you'd be better at a dead hang too. Someone who can do multiple pullups is going to have a better dead hang than someone who does not (and most adults do not!).

@rando My kids do things at the monkey bars that I can't touch. Crazy grip strength and endurance. On the flip side she can do 1 pull-up, and I can do 10+ weighted. Different kind of strength.