DEXA w/ photos and videos [5'4.5"/115lbs/25.8%]

@amw88 Calipers pinch your skin to measure the subcutaneous fat in several places and then use an equation to extrapolate your overall BF%. Underwater/bodpod measures your body density with respect to water/air and then uses some equation models that assume densities for muscle/fat/bone to figure out your overall BF%, subcutaneous + visceral. In all of these, you're really not measuring BF% but estimating it based off of the "model" of a person that they used - so depending on how you sit with reference to the model, your estimation could end up higher or lower than "actual". Unfortunately, most people are not close to the model.

DEXA scans are known to have higher BF% measurements compared to other methods and actually, there is more variability in BF% measurements for women compared to men.

@penny7 The other thing that I don't see mentioned much is that the brain is also fatty tissue. Pretty surprising that there actually is a bit of different in the amount of brain tissue each person has!

@ruky Really interesting to me the differences in how the fat is distributed between you and /@amydoodles. It's like all of your fat mass is in your hips and thighs, whereas hers was more evenly distributed all over. Neat! People are cool. Thanks for posting.

@denice65 Something I should have added is that I am on corticosteroids which apparently has some effect on how you put on fat. It was mostly stomach, thighs, and face for me.