Do certain Pilates Moves attribute to more of a boxy figure? Confused!!

@jnicole It will, but how much and what it will look like depends more on your genetics. That's why a lot of people also train the upper body. Wider back/lats = smaller looking waist, especially if you already have wider hips

I don’t know why I got down voted, i’m just really confused and would like answers as i’m really new and don’t understand. :(

@jnicole Yeah there’s been a culture previously of women thinking they would just look at a barbell and turn into the hulk. Women train for years to grow muscle due to our hormone profile. A lot of ladies also dislike the idea that getting strong is something shameful. It’s like you should get lean but not too strong or you won’t look feminine and it puts women off exercising.

@djain that is very upsetting 😕 i do think being strong is good and when i see women VERY fit woman it makes me go 😍, it’s just not what i personally want. and I really thought that it was “easy” to bulk up so it has made me fearful of gaining muscle. You only know what you know. There goes American fitness education for ya.

Back