Doing a lot of sports, but I don’t feel very fit/endurance is trash?

@unikitty999 Everyone has provided great advice in this thread so I will focus on this one important topic that really can’t be ignored. Sugar, also called sucrose, is made up of one molecule of glucose and one molecule of fructose, as well as high fructose corn syrup are added to a wide variety of processed foods and sweetened beverages. Unless you are deliberately eliminating foods containing these sources of energy from your diet, you are likely consuming quite a bit even if you think you are eating healthfully. While large amounts of glucose can be problematic, the worse of the two is fructose. Simply put, fructose is both pro-inflammatory and pro-oxidant. It impairs the function of mitochondria to use the food you eat to produce energy for your cells. Fructose will also lead to a decrease in the number of mitochondria per cell. The ability of your body’s cells to take up oxygen to use for energy will be highly dependent upon the number and functional capacity of the mitochondria.

TL;DR: someone who has eliminated sugar/high fructose corn syrup/fructose from their diet, given the same training as someone who has not, will always be in a better metabolic condition to improve their level of fitness. Eliminating these types of foods from your diet can also make you feel better in general.

@roland7777 thats too much activity.

just for workouts, its recommended to workout 3 or times a week and rst 3 or 4 times a week. each of your sports is equivalent to a workout. your doing something like 10 workouts just from sports, PE, and thats not even including any workouts yet.

@roland7777
  1. Eat eat eat eat eat
  2. Ask your coaches for advice. This is a lot of work. You may be able to handle it but they will be able to gauge that better than a bunch of randos on the internet.

@roland7777 That's a minimum of 11 hours a week working out and a max of 14.5 hours a week being active. Even in basic training for the Army I didn't do that much (probably). Morning PT usually lasted around an hour to two hours and was done every morning except Sundays.

If you can't reduce the amount of activity try eating and sleeping more, especially the sleep.

@roland7777 Are you eating enough? If your nutrition is not spot on, this can cause fatigue. Also getting sleep. Are you sleeping enough. Talk with your doctor about this and see if they can maybe refer you to sports medicine to discuss further. I would say maybe a nutritionist that specializes with athletes.

@roland7777 You need to rest. With that much fitness you need to be eating really well too. Also boxing and rugby cause head injuries, I quit after 5 and ten years of doing both. Not saying you shouldn't do them but keep in mind that you are trading enjoyment for brain damage.

@roland7777 Look into breath work so you focus on using your diaphragm and other breathing muscles instead of chest breathing. You'll bring in more oxygen and expell more carbon dioxide with each breathe = more endurance! 👍

@roland7777 You ain't resting enough, I did the same thing like 2 weeks ago tbh. 4 3 hour sessions of wrestling a week and weightlifting like 2-3 times a week till failure.

Rest is for when you are weak. So you don't stay weak.

@roland7777 “PE class (just in case)” - just in case of what? You are still growing and need more rest. If you feel that you need to be doing something more often than your basketball practice, maybe try taking out boxing (or whichever sport(s) you don’t feel invested in) and the PE class and take up some mindful walking. Going from 0 to 160 will only result in fatigue and will be counterproductive to gaining competence in any of these, if that’s your goal. If you choose to pursue one of these sports seriously you will certainly add more workouts but they will be tailored to helping you improve in that sport. Good luck, rest, sleep, and eat more!

@roland7777 Someone else may have mentioned this: but when I was in HS with a similar age and activity level to yours, my nutrition was horrible. It probably held myself and many of my friends back athletically because we simply didn’t have coaching on it. I only learned about nutrition for athletes later on in my 20s and made huge progress then. Maybe you should examine your calorie intake and see if you’re eating enough

@roland7777 That sounds a lot like fatigue, like someone else mentioned.
That said, I advise you look into your diet as well. Most people have no idea how much of a difference a good diet makes on your stamina and growth.

I used to be on a similar scenario, but things got considerably better when I changed to a vegan diet.

@roland7777 Dehydration and food! Make sure your getting enough water and then drink some more! Also electrolytes. Maybe take note of what you eat and how it makes you feel. For example although not diabetic, I'm very sensitive to sugar. If I eat sugary foods I know that I will crash 15-20 mins later, so I really avoid it. Most folks don't realize the importance of hydration especially when your young. Sleep too!

@roland7777 You lack endurance because you’re over doing it man. Up the calorie intake and pick your two favorite activities. Or for things like boxing. Don’t push yourself and just learn the techniques. And for your PE class if you’re not doing weights yet. Just coast the class and do just enough to get an A. Also you may not be breathing right. A lot of maintaining stamina is controlling how much air is going into your lungs when your running, throwing a punch or juking someone out. I recommend asking your coaches what that means exactly. It’s not easy to explain through text. But overall good for you for getting into athletics.

@roland7777 That's a lot. If you're not giving your muscles proper rest to recover and rebuild, you will see a plateau in your fitness. If you keep overloading them, you may even see a decline in performance. My suggestion would be dropping an activity or 2