Doing the RR twice a week for 6+ years: a review (average guy, 32yo)

@egspirit Very nice! You could be me, I'm in the same boat with time and consistency. The only difference is that I do Mesocircles of strength-hypertrophy-endurance (switch every 3 weeks) to keep me challenged and entertained.

And I try to progress a bit when its gets too easy. I try to get enough protein, but I'm not a strong eater and it's not easy.

Nevertheless, weight, mass and progression are there. I'm satisfied. Could be more if I do it with more zeal, but I know I would burn out next to work and life (literally no time left). So I'm content, even if I progress slower.

My best achievement are no pull ups to 3x8 weighted in 2 years - and no more back pain :)

@jacob131612 Pro tip when you join new subs: skim the sidebar and stickied posts

Nearly all subs about an activity will have useful "how to start blah blah" info in the sidebar

@jacob131612 it's about more than just the one acronym -- these resources will have the frequent questions that everyone has as a beginner with answers tuned to a beginner. So you'll get to a base understanding of what the community feels is most important for you to know as a beginner very quickly, and can then ask questions based on that, rather than starting from nothing.

It's better for everyone and respectful of people's time and effort to check the sidebar and pinned posts on new subs.