Don’t feel guilty for eating over the holidays!

zastari

Eating around the holidays can cause a lot of anxiety and I want everyone to remember you’re allowed to indulge and enjoy yourself without feeling guilty!! Please don’t feel bad if you ate more than usual, or didn’t train because the gyms were closed, or didn’t have enough time to get your steps in. You don’t have to “earn” your food or punish yourself by going crazy with the cardio the next day.
You’re human and please be kind to yourself 🩵 and remember to enjoy the holidays!

@zastari Just finished off my 3rd piece of cheesecake (followed by plenty of cookies, brownies, chocolate and quiche lol) and needed this. Back to it starting tomorrow but today I’m going to share with family.

@zastari It already did! I was kicking myself for how Ive eaten all weekend (as if I don't do this every year, and as if it has ever actually hurt my progress) so it's appreciated

@zastari My motto on holidays and vacation is just “don’t eat like an asshole” — a quote from my favorite health & fitness podcast lol. Basically, don’t restrict yourself or count macros. Enjoy the moments and partaking in food/drink socially, but also don’t get yourself so full to the point that you feel sick or like you binged out of control. I eat all the things I want to, but just try to be cognizant of still feeling my best physically!

@johnstevens44 I am making sure I still get an okay amount of protein because…I sure as hell know I am getting plenty of butter and cream 😅

The food scale is put away until the new year though. It feels good to take a break and enjoy pastries.

@zastari Exactly. Holidays are meant to enjoy yourself and not feel stressed. I’m being mindful but I’m also not gonna absolve myself from desserts and alcohol, I’ll have a small serving, or a large serving if I feel like it. My sister is in town and I only see her once a year, I’m making the most of our time together!!

Back